Ozzfest bands announced

rainmaker_2413

Shadow I am
Sep 23, 2006
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Ozzfest in the world. I only went in 05 because of Maiden....but I am hoping this "free" thing will be different. I know alot will bash the fest but I am actually really looking forward to seeing who's announced...especially now. So far, these bands have been announced

Main Stage

Ozzy
Lamb of God
Lordi

Second Stage

Hatebreed
Mondo Generator
Nile
Ankla
Circus Diablo
The Showdown

Granted, I am not a huge fan of ANY of those bands BUT I realized this. It may just be me but I'm thinking that the majority of those bands minus Ozzy, LOG, and Hatebreed, have yet to establish a "big draw" or headlining status in the US. I could most definantly be wrong about that, and if I am, please tell me, It's just that I haven't heard a whole lot about those other bands.

My hope is this: I read somewhere that those bands that are on the bill CAME TO SHARON as I was under the impression this whole thing was basically an "invitation". I don't care too much for LOG or Hatebreed but I think they are extremely cool to come forward and do this when they could probably easily go on their own tour and make alot more money doing it. As for the other bands, I believe they are taking a risk...If Ozzfest is indeed free, they are playing it in an attempt to establish themselves here in America and gain a larger fanbase. I'm hoping that this could open a door to alot of bands that are not that big in America..Ex: On myspace, I noticed Circle II Circle has Ozzfest in their top friends...I know that doesn't mean anything but wouldn't it be pretty damn cool if Circle II Circle ended up on the bill? I'm probably completely wrong about all of this but I just thought I would share my thoughts with you all.

Imagine seeing bands like Circle II Circle, Brainstorm, Evergrey, or Mercenary on Ozzfest. The chances of it happening may not be that good but I could see it as a possibility considering some of the bands that have been announced. Even if those bands did have a good fanbase in America, it could still help them out.

I realize that most of you have already saw the bands I mentioned...but I haven't as most of them completely skip my area and I don't have the funds right now to make alot of trips. This will be my first PP this year and I cannot express how excited I am about seeing all of the bands on the bill (I never thought I would see VANDEN PLAS live!) I just think it would be nice to see some other deserving bands finally get the recognition they deserve.

I'm sry for making this so long and I know alot may say "Well I wouldn't want those bands to play OZZFEST" but from a personal stand-point...If any of the bands I have mentioned were to play the show, I would be there in a heartbeat.

The showdown is really good. I've seen them 3 times. It sounds like it's taking a step back towards legitimate metal a la Ozzfest 2004 when Dimmu, Priest, Slayer, Superjoint all played.

Damn, you beat me to it.:mad:
:lol: I hope you are wrong, but I have a bad feeling you'll be right.
I looked something like this when I saw their name on the bill. :OMG:
Imagine seeing bands like Circle II Circle, Brainstorm, Evergrey, or Mercenary on Ozzfest. The chances of it happening may not be that good but I could see it as a possibility considering some of the bands that have been announced. Even if those bands did have a good fan-base in America, it could still help them out.
I am torn on this, because I really want to see bands like those grow their fan base and "make it" here in the states, but a part of me cringes now a-days when I hear the name "Ozzfest." I just hope that this helps raise the bar for the caliber of "mainstream" metal bands in the states and not cheapen the good music we all know and love.

This is why I love MegaDave for bringing GOOD bands onto Gigantour.

I can't wait to see NILE on this tour. I think Lordi will be fun to see live. LOG has a few decent tunes, and Ankla is like Korn with talent, and not for 13 year olds. I'm actually kind of excited, very solid lineup so far. Never heard of Circus Diablo? but the name sounds kinda kinky.

I'm not that interested in what's been announced so far either, I am just hoping that some of the last slots are good.

If Lordi and LOG are on the main stage, it speaks volumes about how many acts are banging down the door to play Ozzfest. As much as I like Lordi, I think Lordi does more for Ozzfest than what Ozzfest does for Lordi.

Peace,
Ray C.

I'll go for three bands:
Lordi
Ankla
Nile

Liked the campiness of Lordi for a long time but never seen them live.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Ankla, especially live! Took me seeing them live to really enjoy it. No they don't have a tremendous fanbase in the States, but it's solid. More than Lordi who got mainstage :Smug: Ankla are great guys, too! Very talented! Trust me... I think I've posted about them before on this forum. Kinda surprised to see them on the Ozzfest lineup.

Nile - they've proven themselves in my book. Everytime I've seen them live, they've had a packed house of rabid fans. Don't know why they didn't make it to mainstage, yet again Lordi did :Smug: