Paul Di'Anno - Final US Tour

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Paul Di'Anno is heading out for one final US tour.

Not sure of the full schedule (as I really don't care), but he is coming to the DOUBLE DOOR in Chicago on December 27.

I expect 5 pages by the end of the day.

I will pop the popcorn now.........

yeah....pass on this one for sure....I do wonder on if all the sudden fans of Icarus Witch will come out since they are usually his back up band on US shows. This should be interesting to see how it plays out if he actually shows up.

Oh come on man...
If he didn't cancel on you, you would have been talking about how his performing is the most amazing thing since sliced bread......
It's business......

Anyhow, I was unfortunate enough to see it a couple years ago.
You aren't missing a damn thing.
It was pathetic, and I am being kind.
It probably was for the best that you didn't have to end up doing business with him anyhow.
I am sure every show would have been extremely stressful, since he hits the stage WHEN he wants to.

Let the man live and be well. I am sure this is the first of MANY attempted US farewells for the man.

yeah....pass on this one for sure....I do wonder on if all the sudden fans of Icarus Witch will come out since they are usually his back up band on US shows. This should be interesting to see how it plays out if he actually shows up.

I don't get the whole new love for Icarus Witch either.
When I was prasing them years ago (When I first saw them supporting TROUBLE on tour), people HATED them. It was no different when they supported Di'Anno a couple years back.

I mean, I am extremely happy for them, as I do think they are a decent band. It's just interesting how out of nowhere the love is coming for these guys.

Oh come on man...
If he didn't cancel on you, you would have been talking about how his performing is the most amazing thing since sliced bread......
It's business......

Anyhow, I was unfortunate enough to see it a couple years ago.
You aren't missing a damn thing.
It was pathetic, and I am being kind.
It probably was for the best that you didn't have to end up doing business with him anyhow.
I am sure every show would have been extremely stressful, since he hits the stage WHEN he wants to.

Let the man live and be well. I am sure this is the first of MANY attempted US farewells for the man.

Jason, what the fuck dude?

I have booked countless shows with bands that didn't cancel on me and put on an awful performance. Me booking a show for a band doesn't automatically mean they will get raving reviews from me. Far from that.

Paul Dianno made ME lose money, the bands lose money, the promoters lose money thanks to his bullshit move a few months ago. Can you really blame me for saying what I say?

I don't get the whole new love for Icarus Witch either.
When I was prasing them years ago (When I first saw them supporting TROUBLE on tour), people HATED them. It was no different when they supported Di'Anno a couple years back.

I mean, I am extremely happy for them, as I do think they are a decent band. It's just interesting how out of nowhere the love is coming for these guys.

Let's see... :lol:

Band X plays certain style of music.

For the most part, it's pretty boring and uninspired.

Jason loves it. Raves about them. Nobody cares because apparently nobody cares about their music.

Band X decides to go into a completely new, refreshed style.

For the most part, it's cool. Pretty different than their old, uninspired boring music.

People dig it. Reviews are excellent. People take notice and start caring because their new, different music is good.

Jason as usual, cries about "back in the day when I talked about this band, nobody cared. GIVE ME INTERNET CREDIT!" :lol::lol::lol:

It's a generalization my friend...
I understand the frustration, but bands cancel for BS reasons all the time.

I am not sure how he made you personally lose money or the bands lose money, other than if you are thinking that your ticket sales would have been superior with him on the bill. Or maybe you mean in terms of promo dollars spent......

I can not blame you for being upset at the guy. As I said, in the end you are probably better off not having to deal with him.

It's just that in situations like this, it's always interesting to see how BEFORE this happened, people were praising him like the second coming of Christ.

Jason as usual, cries about "back in the day when I talked about this band, nobody cared. GIVE ME INTERNET CREDIT!" :lol::lol::lol:

LOL - Trust me my friend. I don't NEED internet credit.

Songs For the Lost was a GREAT CD, as was their first one.
The only bland release they had was Draw Down The Moon.

As I said, I am happy for the guys and all.
They have worked hard, toured a lot, and promoted themselves pretty well, in getting to where they are.

My comments have nothing to do with me.
It's just my opinion that they were a good band on record and live, but only now seem to be catching on. Good on them.

It's a generalization my friend...
I understand the frustration, but bands cancel for BS reasons all the time.

Agreed.

I am not sure how he made you personally lose money or the bands lose money, other than if you are thinking that your ticket sales would have been superior with him on the bill. Or maybe you mean in terms of promo dollars spent......

I won't get into details, but it wasn't because ticket sales would have been superior.

I can not blame you for being upset at the guy. As I said, in the end you are probably better off not having to deal with him.

It's just that in situations like this, it's always interesting to see how BEFORE this happened, people were praising him like the second coming of Christ.

Absolutely right. However, I don't recall ever praising him like the second coming of christ. :)

LOL - Trust me my friend. I don't NEED internet credit.

You do realize I was being more tongue in cheek than anything right? :p

As I said, I am happy for the guys and all.
They have worked hard, toured a lot, and promoted themselves pretty well, in getting to where they are.

My comments have nothing to do with me.
It's just my opinion that they were a good band on record and live, but only now seem to be catching on. Good on them.

Fair enough. They are hardworking guys for sure and deserve every bit of credit possible. About the recent spike in popularity, though, I think the excellent reviews and the complete 180 in their direction might have been the reasons.

I won't get into details, but it wasn't because ticket sales would have been superior.

Yeah man. I mean of course I don't know the details.
If you had to give him up front guarantee $$$$ that were unconditional that you could not recover or something like that, then yes. I would despise him too with every ounce of my fiber. It's between you and him and his management.

From everything we know about him, it's probably best to not do business with him in any fashion regardless.

I do not plan on supporting him or this tour.
The only way I would go to this is if there were someone else on the bill I wanted to see.

Fair enough. They are hardworking guys for sure and deserve every bit of credit possible. About the recent spike in popularity, though, I think the excellent reviews and the complete 180 in their direction might have been the reasons.

Well, give yourself some credit too..................
People got to check them out on your tour which you did a good job of getting the word out.

You guys got the party started without me. Let's see...

Paul Di'Anno is a scumbag. His tour wouldn't be worth seeing even if he hadn't screwed so many people over the last time. That's largely because he's a terrible performer now. I say this as a huge fan of the early Iron Maiden albums and with full appreciation for his role in metal history. Respect and all that, but his show is terrible now and he really does seem like a not so good human being.

Icarus Witch will not be his supporting band. He was doing casting calls on FB for a new band not long ago. IW knows better now.

I doubt Icarus Witch has that much more of a fanbase now than they did when Songs for the Lost came out. I saw them tour for that album and they drew about what they did last month. I think that may be slowly changing as a result of the new direction, and if so, it's well deserved. They earned it, and their music both now and then has always been good. I still think they'd be great on the ProgPower stage some day.

And Jason, of course you want some internet credit. Why else would you bring up praising the band years ago? It's OK man, we all want it. :lol:

LOL - If I wanted cred, I would go on bragging about how I was a fan of Helloween back in the day and saw them live with Kiske on the Keepers II tour.
I would hardly be using seeing Icarus Witch 5 years ago as a launching pad for internet cred!!! :)

Anyhow, I agree with what you said above.
The bottom line is he is a POOR performer, and really has no business being on stage.

But hey, I was never the one trying to do business with the man.
So don't jump on me for my opinions on the situation.