PAUL DIANNO In Nashville

That would be sweet if ICARUS WITCH were on the Chicago show

Direct quote from the MySpace page:

"My Touring band are Icarus Witch (USA)"

So, are you going to Reggie's? I may have to hit this one. I wouldn't want my Maiden Fanboy status revoked, ha ha.

Bleary eyed, I misread that last band as "Pariah" [nee "Satan"], and started making plans for a road trip. (I love "Court in the Act"; their later stuff never quite hit that mark, but is still quite listenable.)

Direct quote from the MySpace page:

"My Touring band are Icarus Witch (USA)"

So, are you going to Reggie's? I may have to hit this one. I wouldn't want my Maiden Fanboy status revoked, ha ha.

Wonder if this means then that the ICarus Witch boys will be HIS backup band, or the support band, or both.

I know for many tours, he goes out with another band, whose members will be his backup band.

I will hit this up for sure. Definitely once in a lifetime thing.
Also, Icarus Witch are great live.
Still another band on my never ending list of CDs I want to pick up.

Wonder if this means then that the ICarus Witch boys will be HIS backup band, or the support band, or both.

I know for many tours, he goes out with another band, whose members will be his backup band.

I will hit this up for sure. Definitely once in a lifetime thing.
Also, Icarus Witch are great live.
Still another band on my never ending list of CDs I want to pick up.

The news posted on his MySpace page would seem to indicate that they will do both. Icarus Witch is listed as direct support also.

I'm sure Icarus Witch will be playing his songs. He's had Iron Maiden tribute bands as his band on previous tours in Europe and Latin America.

I'll be at the Reggie's show, the Maiden Fanboy in me really wants to see him play. Judging from a boatload of youtube vids recently he sounds absolutely terrible.

I probably won't buy a ticket until after he has played his first show on U.S. soil, even then there's a chance he might cancel.

Good 'ol Paul. :)

Also Icarus Witch are fantactic, definetly worth checking out.

Yeah, I saw them open for TROUBLE last year in Aurora.
They were fantastic.

I dunno if I would hold out on getting tickets.
This could possibly sell out.
Reggie's ain't that big, and there are a LOT of Maiden fanboys in Chi-town.

Tickets for the Chicago show and a couple of other dates are available at ticketmaster.

PAUL DI'ANNO of IRON MAIDEN
Icarus Witch and Bible Of The Devil
at Reggie's Rock Club in Chicago, IL

Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 9:00 PM CST (8:00 PM Doors)
General Seating - $12.00

I saw Bible of the devil at Alehorn. I like them better on cd than live.

This was posted on Icarus Witch's myspace blog:
It is with great pride & excitement that we would like to officially announce our rescheduled United States tour with original Iron Maiden front-man, Paul DiAnno is back on! The legalities which caused last year's tour to be postponed have been rectified and The Beast is clear and ready to tear it up on the U.S. club scene for the first time since the 1990s!

This tour might actually happen. Can it be true?

does he have a solo career or does he sing his maiden stuff?

Nowadays he does all Maiden stuff. In the 80's and 90's he pretty much did anything that would score him some cocaine. Including Christmas songs, Van Halen tributes and even appearing on some Iron Maiden tribute albums.

Kinda sad really.

Nowadays he does all Maiden stuff. In the 80's and 90's he pretty much did anything that would score him some cocaine. Including Christmas songs, Van Halen tributes and even appearing on some Iron Maiden tribute albums.

Kinda sad really.

I actually liked the song he had back in the late 80s called "Metal Tears." It used to get a lot of play back in the day on Z-Rock. I think I still have this on cassette...I need to try and track down a CD!