Peter Wichers returns to Soilwork!!!!!!

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
Hell yes!!!Best news I have heard in a long time concerning Soilwork!!!

Dear SOILWORK fans,

The past two years have been great although sometimes a bit turbulent. We made another killer album and did several amazing tours around the world; and today it is with sheer joy and excitement that we announce the return of Peter Wichers as a guitarist in SOILWORK. He's been missed both as a bandmate and as a songwriter.

We know that we can come back even stronger, and it definitely gives us a feeling of inspiration and completion to have Peter, one of the founders of SOILWORK, come back to the fold. We feel that we can look into the future with greater confidence and musical creativity. Having Peter back will complete the circle and the final line up of the band.

This also marks Daniel Antonsson's departure from SOILWORK as Peter's replacement since 2006. We are really grateful for Daniel's excellent work and he will be missed. However, to us it's ideal for Peter to fulfill his former duties as a songwriter and guitarist. Going separate ways with Daniel is not an easy decision for us to make, but it's the right one. We wish Daniel the best of luck in the future and many great things with his other band Dimension Zero! Rock on Daniel!!!

As we previously announced, Dirk's bandmate in Scarve, Sylvain Coudret, has been doing session work for us throughout the Summer festivals and shredding on second guitar. Therefore we're taking this opportunity to confirm Sylvain as a permanent guitar player for SOILWORK. Since we're big fans of Scarve, we know Sylvain will make a great addition to the songwriting process for the next SOILWORK album.

Peter's return to SOILWORK will begin on stage with the upcoming European tour.

Excellent!

This will make it worth going to see them in February. Wichers was a big part of the best album this year, Warrel Dane's Praises to the War Machine. :headbang:

HELL YES! Wichers is a great songwriter and his departure was cause for my concern for the musical future of Soilwork. I think that Sworn to a Great Divide was surprisingly awesome despite his absence, but I see this as a great boon to this veteran band. That being said, it makes me more excited to see them live soon as I think it really sucked that Speed and Ola Fink were the only two original members left. Now that Peter's back, it's a nice solid core of band originators to carry the flag. Now let's get Ola Frenning back too, guys, as he was the best "other" guitarist Soilwork had also (handling the main songwrting duties after Peter left).