Pharaoh new album - "Be Gone"

I read somewhere else that the KIT show was their first ever live performance. Is that true?? Hope somebody taped it!

Yep, that's true! All the shows were recorded with multiple cameras and I think there will be a compilation DVD sometime in the future (November KIT?) which will include some stuff from all the bands.

There's some good bootleg material on Youtube already from some of the bands, no Pharaoh yet though.

The official release is April 24th, I'm looking forward for The End to carry it, I have a haul planned :D

After a month of listening "Be Gone", I still can't say if it is better than "The Longest Night", but it is the best heavy metal album of 2008 for sure!

Does anyone disagree with that? :heh:

Well, I haven't heard all of it, so you could say my opinion is incomplete, but what I remember was that it was a bit cheesy and somewhat unoriginal. Very well executed nonetheless, but there are better US Power bands out there.

I disagree is nothing cheesy and it's one of the best bands USA can offer right now. The album in solid, not as good as the previous one but definitively has its moments. Pharaoh is one of my favorite bands in the last years.

@ Orfanos: It's #4 on my list, but it may change in the future.

Volnaya Staya - 'Smotri mne v glaza'

Looks like Pharaoh is playing their second gig ever at the Alehorn of Power festival in Chicago:

TROUBLE, SLOUGH FEG and BIBLE OF THE DEVIL are among the bands that are scheduled to perform at the Alehorn of Power III festival, set to take place August 9 at the Double Door in Chicago.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

TROUBLE
SLOUGH FEG
BIBLE OF THE DEVIL
ICARUS WITCH
PHARAOH

Be Gone gets an LP release with some bonus tracks. Said bonus tracks will also be on the upcoming EP so those of us who don't much care for vinyl won't really miss anything (except the poster and bigger artwork of course).

The first-ever vinyl release from the Cruz del Sur label will be the album "Be Gone" by acclaimed U.S. act PHARAOH. "Be Gone" was released as a CD and limited digipack CD in April. The upcoming deluxe vinyl version will include a full-color poster and a bonus 7" record containing two additional songs from the "Be Gone" album sessions. This package, scheduled for a November release, will come in a gatefold sleeve and be limited to 500 copies.

The album track listing had to be modified to accommodate the LP format, and will be as follows:

Side A:

01. Speak to Me
02. Dark New Life
03. No Remains
04. Cover Your Eyes and Pray
05. Red Honor

Side B:

01. Buried at Sea
02. Rats and Rope
03. Telepath
04. Be Gone

Bonus 7":

A. Nothing I Can Say
B. Reflection and the Inevitable Future (alternate version)

The 7" bonus tracks will also appear on the band's upcoming mini-CD, entitled "Ten Years", which is set to include two additional new PHARAOH songs and two newly recorded cover versions.

Be Gone gets an LP release with some bonus tracks. Said bonus tracks will also be on the upcoming EP so those of us who don't much care for vinyl won't really miss anything (except the poster and bigger artwork of course).

I'm not fond of bands making EPs, in the end you have 2-3 new songs top plus something from the album and the price is not precisely confortable. I loved more those maxi-EPs Underground Symphony use to issue for bands like Helreid and Mesmerize, were double CDs containing one CD of original music and one of covers at a very affordable price. Never seen anyone else doing it.

As for Pharaoh as well as the new Alestorm EP I may or may not buy it, it'll depend on price and disponibility.

Amazing new album. IMO as good as "the longest night" with a little more diversity and personality.

By the way, yesterday I did an interview to Matt Johnsen, Pharaoh´s guitar player. 90 minutes! A very nice guy and obviously talkative :lol: