Pharaoh new album - "Be Gone"

Yeah, it is very good indeed.

I feel it is a good thing that the majority of the new songs will be shorter and catchier like this, let's what the whole album will be.

Like you said we have to wait,, but I doubt they dissapoint us after two strong releases.

NP: Lana Lane - 'Breathe In The Air'

Yeah, it is very good indeed.

I feel it is a good thing that the majority of the new songs will be shorter and catchier like this, let's what the whole album will be.
I agree, there are too many bands that overstretch their songs over that magical 5min mark for no reason (I call this the Steve Harris syndrome :heh:). But take Falconer's Northwind for example, I think all the songs are under 5 minutes and it has a lot better flow to it than their previous albums. Pharaoh knows how to write an epic (By The Night Sky, duh...) for sure, I'm not saying that. Just good to know that the skill of writing effective and powerful 3-4 min songs is appreciated by other people as well.

Oh yeah, the new song is killer! 4 weeks to KIT!:kickass:

Another song has been posted on their MySpace site.

Fuck! I wish I would have known this a couple of week ago...
I gave it to one of my wife's co-workers who is starving for metal...:cry:

Mierda, alright that happens. I'm waiting for The End to have it available.

I just listened to the album for the first time.

Too early for conclusions, but the first impression is that the new songs are indeed shorter and catchier. It seems to be a very good album.

I just listened to the album for the first time.

Too early for conclusions, but the first impression is that the new songs are indeed shorter and catchier. It seems to be a very good album.

I hate you :p, I can't find it anywhere online yet :mad:

Well I managed to download the promo. And I can say is a strong, solid effort but not as great as the previous album. Undoubtedly fans of the band will like it and I think most metalheads will reckon the value of the album. I will buy it as soon as it becomes available.

I haven´t heard the new Pharaoh album but yesterday at Keep It True they did a very good show and the new sounded quite well. I bought the new album and I hope it will be as good as the others.

Yes, I agree with Wyvern that it doesn't seem to be better than the "Longest Night". But it is a very good effort.

Here's the setlist from KIT:

After The Fire
I Am The Hammer
No Remains
By The Night Sky
Solar Flight
Telepath
Now Is The Time
Up The Gates

Good show as Marco said! Tim Aymar did have some problems, especially during By The Night Sky when he skipped a few verses entirely. I don't know if he just forgot the lyrics or got winded or what. Don't want to blow this out of proportion really because he sounded fine overall and the show was indeed very good.

On the way to KIT and back I had a lot of time to listen to the new Pharaoh disc and it is definitely good stuff. Shorter and catchier yes, still it doesn't really have that instant-hitting ultra hit like By The Night Sky. Takes a lot of listens but it's worth it. I'd rate it just a tad below Longest Night at this point. Still it's about as good as US-metal gets these days.

Pharaoh kicks ass :kickass:

Tim Aymar did have some problems, especially during By The Night Sky when he skipped a few verses entirely. I don't know if he just forgot the lyrics or got winded or what.

I was always curious how Pharaoh would perform this song live, because it's almost impossible all the vocals to be done from one person. I think that must be the problem, as I learnt from my com-patriots who attended the festival that Tim was very-very good.

I read somewhere else that the KIT show was their first ever live performance. Is that true?? Hope somebody taped it!