Planet X OZ Tour (Ex Dream Theater Keyboard)

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
This is definatly a step in the right direction!

Planet X are doing a tour of OZ in June!

Do you know who Planet X are? It is Derek Sherinian's solo band after he left Dream Theater. He played keyboards on: Change of Seasons, Falling into Infinity, and Once in a Livetime.

I have heard a few Planet X songs, and they are awesome! Progressive metal like Dream Theater. I think Zakk Wylde played geetar on one of the albums. Wonder if he will tour with em!Woo hoo... I'm excited! Dont miss it !

Planet X Australian Tour 2001

June 2nd 2001 - Ultimate Drummers Weekend - Melbourne (Planet X 30 min. promo spot) *
June 3rd 2001 - Ultimate Drummers Weekend - Melbourne
(Virgil Donati solo spot) *
June 4th 2001 - Corner Hotel - Melbourne *
June 5th 2001 - The Metro - Sydney *
June 6th 2001 - Venue TBA - Newcastle
June 7th 2001 - Tivoli Theater - Brisbane *
June 10th 2001 - Venue TBA - Perth
June 11th 2001 - Governor Hindmarsh - Adelaide *
June 13th 2001 - Corner Hotel - Melbourne *

:D :D :D :cool: :D :D :D

I have the first Planet X CD, but it's one of those albums that I just find it impossible to listen to. I loved Sherinian's work with Dream Theater, even more so than Kevin Moore and Jordan Rudess, but... well, I'll give a better opinion once I manage to listen to all of the CD, I think :) Definitely wouldn't compare what I've heard of them to Dream Theater, though - couldn't see any resemblance.

I won't be going to see them at this stage, unless I can get into their stuff before then.

Oh, and I think Zakk Wylde just played on Sherinian's debut solo album (which was just released), didn't he? Along with a few other guys. I dunno :)

You're right, Zakk did play on Derek's recent solo album....... Thats what I meant. ;)
The 2 songs that I heard were sorta like Dream Theater. Just as progressive.
I have to disagree with you about Derek being better than Kevin and Jordan.
NO #&@$ing way!
Kevin is the man!
His orchestrations were perfect for Dream Theater's sound.
I think Jordan is technically the best keyboardist Dream Theater have ever had, but I will have to wait for the next studio album,, and the DVD, (Which I should have within a week) to compare him to Kevin Moore. I like some of Dereks work with Dream Theater......... Hell, I like most of it. I am going to Planet X no matter what. What other chance do we have of seeing Dream Theater or ANYT of their members out here again! Hopefully after the new album, DT will tour hear. That would be the best news ever!
And, who knows, maybe Derek will throw some DT stuff into the Planet X set!

Didn't mean that I thought Derek was better technically than Kevin and Jordan, but I find his stuff to be more enjoyable, just because he has more of a variety to his repetoire (sp?) :)

You never know, I might go for the hell of it.

I just got off the phone talking to the Metro here in Sydney, and the dude couldnt tell me anything about the gig other than the date (5th June).
Anyone know the price, or when the tix go on sale?
Anyone going to the Sydney show and wanna hook up before hand?

Nah Zakk isn't touring... 80s speed metal virtuoso Tony McAlphine is playing guitar on the tour.

I'll be going, should be good to see :)