Please help.

zedowns

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles
So I was an idiot and decided to hold off reserving our hotel until today. Turns out the Super 8 is completely booked.

I've been searching for other hotels but pretty much everything in the surrounding areas is booked completely during the weekend. Now we're all broke 17 year olds, with no jobs, yet we all have wives and kids we need to feed. Despite this, someone by the name of swayn3rd still wants to be picky and needs 2 rooms. (There's 6 of us)

Does anyone know of any other cheap hotels close by that still have room (and are fairly cheap)?

how are you all 17 and have either wives or kids??

This is why there were multiple threads over the past several months wherein which you can find any number of different people saying "BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW. DO NOT WAIT."

The only thing you can do, really, is hope someone drops at least ONE room. It's bound to happen, but you may want to keep your eye on the board. You might want to tell your friend he has no room to be picky.

I'd recommend Piedmont Park rather than Woodruff Park, as the latter is downtown and really kinda nasty with panhandlers.

Depending on who among my 'posse' shows up this year, I might have some extra room at the Residence Inn, since I booked a two-BR suite. Maybe THIS year I'll actually get one.

Are you that far from the venue? Or do you just get a room for convienence? I know atlanta is huge, so i'm merely asking out of curiosity.

You asking Pellaz about where his room is? He was telling them what Park to sleep in if they go that route not where his room is. ;)

We talked amongst ourselves and our wives, and decided Vanden Plas is much more important than our children. We have sold our children and booked a 2 bedroom suite at The Georgian Terrace.

Thanks for the park suggestions guys, but luckily our wives understood that we are still young, and can have kids later in life.

Are you that far from the venue? Or do you just get a room for convienence? I know atlanta is huge, so i'm merely asking out of curiosity.

A bit o' both, actually. I live in Auburn, Georgia, now, which is much closer to Athens than it is to Atlanta -- it's at least 40 miles from the venue and two hours in (god help us) rush-hour traffic.

But, I was getting a room down there even back when I lived 8 miles north of the venue in NE Atlanta. It's a lot more fun to have a room to go back to, convenient, and it helps set that 'party' or 'vacation' atmosphere.

Meanwhile, for the drinking crowd, having a room (and not driving home at night) could make the difference between life and death. (I don't drink except when I'm tricked into it. :))

--Paul C.
recent victim of a drunk driver

Makes sense, and thats what I figured. Drunk drivers suck. I made a promise to myself and my parents when I started drinking at 16 that I would never ever drive impared, and my parents told me I could call them no matter what for a ride. For 5 years I told my mom every time I planned on drinking, and only had to leave my car overnight once.

It's so easy to be responsible. I don't know why everyone isn't.

Hey man, I'm with you on that one. I'm usually the Bus Driver when we go to parties or shows anyways. So I prefer to enjoy the social drinks, and keep my wits about me. I enjoy getting a nice, mellowing buzz, and enjoying the shenanigans of the evening. Then after 2-3 hours of Coke and/or Gatorade, I'm always fine to get home. I'm a cheap date. I don't need to get shitfaced hammered just to enjoy an evening.

Mind you, that doesn't mean I haven't sprayed the bathroom Linda Blair style... heh heh. :puke: :puke: :puke: