Point me to some good distros please

I buy a ton of stuff off Discogs because I can't find it anywhere else (also a lot off eBay). I order some new stuff from Amazon and even Wal-Mart. I prefer to buy somewhere smaller if I can. I've recently ordered from Shadow Kingdom, Season of Mist, Napalm, Century Media, Relapse, Miami Metal Merchant, and, of course, Bandcamp. There are also quite a few small distros I buy from for my "life metal" needs but y'all probably aren't interested in those. If you do want to check out some of the better metal bands with Christian themes I can recommend bands and distros.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Vision of God Records is one of the better ones. He has original bands, plus re-issues, and stock from other labels. He runs it as a non-profit and prices are super cheap since he's not trying to make money. I think he actually has a sale going on right now.

I like Vials of Wrath. Very good Agalloch influenced project. My favorite is Days Without Names which VoG just put out on red splatter vinyl. Vials also put out a new record last year called Dark Winter Memories.

Duane (of VoG) has also got a couple other good bands on his label like Holy Blood whose recent material is reminiscent of early Amon Amarth.

Another really good label is Nordic Mission. It's run by the drummer from Frosthardr (who put out a great album two years ago with a lot of nice black n' roll/thrashy riffs). Nordic Mission also did a really nice red vinyl version of Skald in Veum's full-length debut Stridslysten last year. This is one band that deserves to be more widely known. Absolutely ferocious stuff. Throw on that opening track and give a listen:

Everyone always pointed to Extol and Lengsel. Honestly, I never got into either band. I even tried Ole Borud's (of Extol) early melodic death band, Schaliach. Couldn't get into it.

One band that I was recommended based on my prchase of Panegyrist was Lo-Rumamah, or something. ALso on I Voidhanger.

I will check out your reco

I like the most recent Extol (self-titled), but I haven't gotten into their earlier stuff. A lot of people like their debut the most. They are definitely talented. I like that Schaliach disc. It gave me Edge of Sanity vibes. It's not a type of music I listen to much, but that's a solid album. I don't care for Lengsel because it just sounds like Extol trying to play black metal, but a lot of people like it. A lot of Scandinavian Christian acts went in a progressive direction - Sanctifica and Vardoger both started by playing symphonic/melodic black metal and then put out progressive black/death albums.

I have one Lo Ruhamah CD and haven't listened to it much, but you're into that experimental, esoteric stuff so maybe.

I typed up a ridiculously long list of Christian metal recommendations in each genre, but I think I might just start a thread so that anyone who is interested can take a look and everyone else can tell me how gay it is.

I honestly think it was the vocals that killed Schaliach and Extol for me. I can take growling and screeching or even yelling, but that rhythmic grunting makes my penis soft. I actually would dig both bands a lot more if they were instrumental or changed vocalists.

I will check out Lo Ruhamah then. Sounds interesting at the very least.

I would check out your list. Ive got lots of free time while working nights. It would give me something to do.

One band I never checked out was Antestor. They seem to get respect from even the most hardcore anti- Christian metal folks.

Reactions: SonOfNun
I'm a little disappointed so far in my first order from Hell's Headbangers. I ordered some stuff late Sunday night and paid almost $20 for priority shipping to get it here by the end of this week (and noted that in the comments). They didn't upload a tracking number until last night and it still says "USPS Awaiting Shipment" here on Thursday afternoon. Their website touts how quickly they get orders out. I'm trying to give them some understanding because of the circumstances, but I ordered from Shadow Kingdom a week or so ago and they got my order out the next day with FREE shipping. Is the same guy running both? It's a strange disparity.

I dont know if they are the same dude. I doubt it but they both have eerily similar sales catalogues with a small price difference.

Ive personally never had an issue with them. And I always choose the cheapest mailing option.

Let me add thay currently Im expecting a few orders. One has been "in transit" for a week. Another was delivered to the sellers house today according to the tracking number wtf, but he claims it wasnt delivered. He used some sort of more expensive shipping option. ALWAYS USE MEDIA MAIL! I wouldnt be surprised if my stuff isnt sitting in some truck with missing voting ballots or some shit. I can easily get my money back from paypal, but I would prefer the music.

They are definitely connected somehow because when I tried to make a new account on HH they said I already had an account and I used my SK info to sign in. They also appear to ship from the same town. It just irks me to pay that much for fast shipping and then wait 5 days for the package to be handed over to USPS. SK is better just on the basis of having free shipping, but this doesn't help.

I also had that happen recently where an item was "delivered" to the same place it originated from, but then the tracking updated and it made its way to me.

Weird. I ordered from HHR on 25 and it shipped on 27th and is tracking to be delivered tomorrow.

I dont know those other two but I stay away from international sellers these days unless its a rarity that Ive been searching for and at a decent price.

The Usps has been shit the past couple of weeks. Some of my packages have been in transit for weeks. One of them showed up on my doorstep today, but usps tracking says it was undeliverable due to the gate not being open. Wtf?

I contacted HHR about my order and they blew me off. I ordered late Sunday night (the 15th) but since it was after midnight they tried to claim it was the 16th as if I'd ordered the evening of the 16th and that that day doesn't count. Either way, they should have had the package out by the end of the day Tuesday according to the insistences of their own website that they are still shipping promptly and get everything out within 48 hours. They claimed to have sent the package on Wednesday the 18th, but all they really did was get a tracking number. The package was actually handed over to USPS on Friday the 20th, a full 5-day work week after I ordered. This is after I paid $20 for priority shipping and left them a note asking that they get the package there by Thursday or Friday because I would be traveling. Now the package is sitting in a mail locker and I won't have access to it for a month because they couldn't fulfill their own terms or at least message me that they wouldn't be able to get the package to me by the date in my note (I could have given them an alternate address if I knew they were gonna take forever). When I messaged him, the guy blew it off as "coronavirus delay" which is the cover-all excuse for everything these days (obviously wasn't a factor in your order) and used the word "brah." He then lied and claimed that he shipped my package within 48 hours (which is proven false by looking at the tracking) and refused to do anything about it (even apologize). Screw him.

USPS has been hit or miss. I get some things in 2 days (media mail) and other stuff gets delayed. I have one package that has said "USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM ATLANTA, GA 30341" since the 19th. Atlanta handles mail about as well as votes.