Post-PPUSA Spike in sales?

Oct 4, 2007
I'm wondering if anyone has followed album sales to see if there has been a post-PPUSA festival spike in sales either for bands that have played the festival, or for bands that have been announced for the subsequent festival.

I know that I've picked up a few CD's from bands that I was impressed with at this year's show (most notably WITHEM), as well as bands that I'd like to hear more from based on the video for next year's festival (Angra, Voyager, Dynazty).

I pretty much had most of the bands from the Fest that just happened....I did just pick up a few older Anathema cds and a couple Morgana Lefay cds. I do have to check out Hibiria still.

I'm not sure what would constitute a sales spike in this situation. It's a comparatively small festival in terms of attendance (relative to big arena and stadium and "open air" festivals out there)... and of the 1200 or 1400 or so people there, a lot of them already own a lot of albums from a lot of the bands, and many other attendees may not be into specific bands or styles at all. So what's the absolute maximum number of discs that could be quickly sold a result of this... 150? Maybe 200? Even those optimistic figures probably wouldn't qualify as a "spike".

I'm not sure what would constitute a sales spike in this situation. It's a comparatively small festival in terms of attendance (relative to big arena and stadium and "open air" festivals out there)... and of the 1200 or 1400 or so people there, a lot of them already own a lot of albums from a lot of the bands, and many other attendees may not be into specific bands or styles at all. So what's the absolute maximum number of discs that could be quickly sold a result of this... 150? Maybe 200? Even those optimistic figures probably wouldn't qualify as a "spike".

Well, keep in mind that although the actual attendance for any fest isn't a huge number of people, there will be thousands more who are aware of it through social media or metal news sites that may also decide to check out a few bands they've never heard before. Though, in this age with youtube and Spotify being around, I agree that sales themselves probably wouldn't "spike".