Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Pre-order "Blood Alliance" from Napalm Records here

http://www.napalmrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=13372

POWER QUEST reveal track list of BLOOD ALLIANCE

UK based melodic power metal crew POWER QUEST have completed their new album "Blood Alliance" and are ready for an ambitious and busy 2011. Not only will the UK 6 piece have its 10th anniversary coming up, but "Blood Alliance" will see the light of the day in early 2011. Firstly it is released in Japan on January 19th via Marquee/Avalon. The European release is expected towards the end of March, with the USA release in early April.

Keyboardist and PQ founder Steve Williams had this to say, ahead of revealing the track list for the new record. "Well it has been a long time coming but finally the 5th PQ album is done and I don't think I have ever been so excited about releasing an album. All the guys have given 110% to this record and I'm proud of them all. Its without doubt the heaviest PQ album yet but without sacrificing the PQ melodic tradition. I just can't wait for you all to hear it!"

Here is the official Blood Alliance track list and running order:

1. Battle Stations
2. Rising Anew
3. Glorious
4. Sacrifice
5. Survive
6. Better Days
7. Crunching the Numbers
8. Only in my Dreams
9. Blood Alliance
10. City of Lies
11. Time to Burn (Japanese bonus track)

Initial industry feedback has been extremely positive and "Blood Alliance" is without doubt the heaviest and catchiest album PQ have recorded to date. With new front man Chity Somapala and a full new line-up this will be by far one of the most interesting album releases in 2011. The album artwork will be revealed on December 30th!

POWER QUEST are confirmed to play HardRock Hell Ibiza in June 2011 and will confirm some more UK festival appearances shortly. Updates on touring will follow shortly.

Stay tuned for more live shows to be announced and follow all the updates via Twitter, Myspace, Facebook and the official Power Quest website.

Steve, I will patiently await the U.S.A. release... but I will require you guys to perform an acoustic + piano version of "Time to Burn" in my living room for my family's enjoyment as compensation for leaving that track off.

Thanks guys! As you know, I was absolutley distraught that we were unable to attend PPUSA in 2009 and I truly hope we will get the chance again. Would have undoubtedly been a career highlight for me and PQ

Not to mention I was going to see how much pasta Andy could eat in one sitting.

I've always enjoyed the music of PowerQuest, but the vocals have never worked for me. The addition of Chity has me eagerly anticipating the coming release. Congrats on keeping PowerQuest alive, despite all the turmoil.

I've always enjoyed the music of PowerQuest, but the vocals have never worked for me.

Al's English has always been a work in progress, but as a former vocalist, I really appreciate his range. I think he has moved away from Metal and is pursuing another style with his project A New Tomorrow.

Of course, Steve would know a LOT more about this than me... just wanted to plug the guy as a potentiallly GREAT vocalist who has been singing in a language not his own for a while.

But Metal Lyrics in Italian just don't sound edgy enough.

Al's English has always been a work in progress, but as a former vocalist, I really appreciate his range. I think he has moved away from Metal and is pursuing another style with his project A New Tomorrow.

Of course, Steve would know a LOT more about this than me... just wanted to plug the guy as a potentiallly GREAT vocalist who has been singing in a language not his own for a while.

But Metal Lyrics in Italian just don't sound edgy enough.
It's not an issue with his English, and it's not an issue with his ability. It's just a matter of personal preference.

It's just a matter of personal preference.

Well all right, then.

I prefer not to drink Newcastle Brown Ale - I frigging can't stand the stuff.
Or "Spaghetti with Meat Sauce" (not a true bolognese, but that attrocious stuff most American think of as "spaghetti sauce") - I don't care that your mother makes the best - I won't like it. Period. Personal Preference.

So I totally get you on this.

Yeah, Alessio came an awful long way from the fresh faced young man I first met back in 2002. From a smattering of English to now being pretty much fluent in English and even the colloquialisms of the South of England. Great vocalist without a doubt but I totally understand how that style is not everyones cup of tea.

Bringing Chity in has obviously made a big change in that department but the recruitment of Andy and Gav as a twin guitar partnership has made just as much difference as well. Prepare yourselves for a much heavier incarnation of PQ in 2011 and beyond.

Thanks for the support you guys......really appreciate it a hell of a lot!

Merry Christmas!

Following on from the unveiling of the track listing for their new album Blood Alliance, POWER QUEST have now revealed the album cover artwork, once again designed by Felipe Machado (BLIND GUARDIAN, SILENT FORCE) who also created the art for their Master Of Illusion album - check it out below:

BloodAlliancecoversmaller.jpg