PP Trivia Question

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
I shot this out to Facebook and Twitter a few days ago, but no one has come up with the definitive answer yet.

Who holds the record for appearing in full sets with the largest number of different bands? I'm not talking about when someone like Michael Eriksen comes out to do guest vocals with a couple of different bands, I'm talking about someone like Bill Hudson, who has now played full sets with three (I think) different bands.

Answer: Yenz Leonhardt, bassist for Iron Savior, Savage Circus and Stormwarrior

Bill Hudson is a good guess though, but technically, he has appeared on two Kick-Off shows with Cellador and Circle II Circle, and then with Oliva on the main stage.

~Jen

This is a good question. Bill might be the answer for that. There is a long list of people that have played with two different bands that's for sure. But a question that came up this year was who has spent the most "time" on stage? Quick responses were Englund, Steinar and Jorn Viggo Lofstad. Got any others?

oh man I knew that! Considering I had that exact conversation with him after the Stormwarrior performance. I also remember him saying that he was flying out the next day to do a show with ANOTHER band later that day! crazy

Should we add Beyrodt to the list? We had him for Primal Fear, Silent Force, and now Voodoo Circle, right? Or was he not here for one of the first two because of visa issues/illness?

Was David Readman the singer for Adagio when they were here? Because that would be three appearances in three bands for him.

According to Wikipedia, Readman left the band before their appearance at ProgPower V. Unfortunately, I wasn't there so I don't know who was singing.

Ah, found it. It was Gus who sang at ProgPower, with him becoming the official lead singer a month later.

.:: News 10/03/04

Adagio welcomes new singer!
Adagio has the great pleasure to announce that the band has found a new voice and friend in the person of Gus Monsanto.

Out of the many demos that the management received came out a great version of the song Chosen from the Underworld album ... and all the guys have fallen in love with the Brazilian voice.

Gus and the bands performance at this years PROGPOWER festival in Atlanta, GA, USA was brilliant. The band drew many praises from the crowd as well as their music peers. Once the tour is complete, priority will be given in composing the new album which has already begun. The 3rd studio album from Adagio is scheduled to be released early in 2005.

Check out some of my pictures with Adagio and friends from PROGPOWER 2004
My good friend Paul Cashman's Adagio pictures (who also sponsored Pain of Salvation this year)
Fellow Seismic Radio DJ, Henk and his awesome Adagio pictures!