Preparty band suggestions

Burke

Oct 14, 2002
South Florida
I am so damn happy about Conception, you could have the damn B-52s there playing the preparty and I wouldn't care.......

Just wanted to throw out two suggestions though -

Suncaged - last I heard, they had filled out their roster again and were a complete band again - they would be amazing for them to make it after missing last time....

Chromeshift - amazing debut album Ripples in Time - these guys can do so much - this would be INCREDIBLE to have them play the opening start night to the festival.

If Orphaned Land can do an acoustic set Kiko Louriero can play his solo stuff!!! His new cd no Gravity is amazing!!!

Other than that, Outworld would be nice to see and I am happy with anyone really

Bear

i'd like to see winterfell.. their first album(self published) should be out by then. winterfell.org

dredg is too big for the preshow probably, but they're a great prog rock band who are very imaginative with their instruments(such as using a handsaw to semi-simulate a violin, among other things) and they're great to watch in concert

bhcompy said:
i'd like to see winterfell.. their first album(self published) should be out by then. winterfell.org

dredg is too big for the preshow probably, but they're a great prog rock band who are very imaginative with their instruments(such as using a handsaw to semi-simulate a violin, among other things) and they're great to watch in concert

Yeah I should mention self published shouldn't count. I would like to see Arsis but I don't think it would fit....lets get I.C.E. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

scooterSST said:
Division, Twisted Tower Dire

Naw, man, those guys suck. But at least Division got rid of that other awful singer.

Now if they would just lose that drunken guitarist.........

...........and now you're asking "Which one?", right?

:err: :loco: :tickled: :D :wave:

Hi Scott. Look forward to seeing you in Atlanta once again!

Kez

Kez said:
Naw, man, those guys suck. But at least Division got rid of that other awful singer.

Now if they would just lose that drunken guitarist.........

...........and now you're asking "Which one?", right?

:err: :loco: :tickled: :D :wave:

Hi Scott. Look forward to seeing you in Atlanta once again!

Kez

Wouldn't that be drunken guitarist(s)... I'm not sure I'm going to Atlanta this year... I'm getting married in August,

Kiko solo would work for sure, along with Outworld and maybe someone like Twilightning, anyone familiar with them?

Why not make it an all acoustic Pre-Party, and have Angra do an acoustic set. I know they have done them, and I have a bootleg of a concert in Buenos Aires, and the way they reworked the songs was amazing... just imagine carry on in a reggae feel... very interesting... i dont know if they have done any with edu, but that would be great too.... :headbang:

I'd been thinking the same thing, actually. That would be really cool! But, I think Glenn commented that he'd requested one 'pick' for the pre-party (O.L. acoustic) and was going to let Shane run with the rest.

I like the idea of live up-and-coming bands (after all, we wouldn't be seeing Stride this year were it not for their pre-party exposure), but I also like the idea of being able to chat more easily with the bands who attend the pre-party.

I'm wondering how (and if) the upstairs part of Vinyl (called 'The Loft') will be used this year for the pre-party and during ProgPower. It opened this past weekend, it's a good-sized room with a small stage, etc.

BEYOND THE EMBRACE......are a fantastic band, that would be awesome to see at the pre party.....