Prog Fans Only - American Hollow (Riverside, Anathema, The Gathering fans)

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Power Metal fans or people who don't care about the bands I mentioned on the title of the thread... this is your chance to click Back on your browser.

I was just curious as to if anyone has ever checked the Utah based band American Hollow. The description somewhat piqued my curiosity the other day, when somebody described their music as "For progressive fans, this sounds like something in between a punch in the face and an orgasm." I figured I'd give it a chance and I actually really like it. For the most part, it sounds like a combination of the bands aforementioned, with plenty of slow and heavier parts. Really neat group! Tool, Porcupine Tree and Wolverine fans... there's something in here for you too!!

Here are two songs that I really enjoy off their debut, Whisper Campaign:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdU0VWGCcX8&feature=related[/ame]

PS. Angrafan, this is right up your alley!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very confusing thread title! "Prog Fans Only" means portly guys wearing running shoes with Dreamscape t-shirts tucked into their blue jeans, while "Riverside, Anathema, The Gathering fans" means sexy, sophisticated, and intelligent people like myself! :D

Anyhow, sounds decent. I'd actually put it more in the alterna-prog category of Dredg, Oceansize, Karnivool, etc. Though the second track is a bit more Riverside/Anathema.

For something even more Riverside/Anathema-ish, how about Stille Oppror?

Power Metal fans or people who don't care about the bands I mentioned on the title of the thread... this is your chance to click Back on your browser.

haha, how ironic!

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Very confusing thread title! "Prog Fans Only" means portly guys wearing running shoes with Dreamscape t-shirts tucked into their blue jeans, while "Riverside, Anathema, The Gathering fans" means sexy, sophisticated, and intelligent people like myself! :D

Well, it did the trick. Got somebody in! :lol:

skyrefuge said:
Anyhow, sounds decent. I'd actually put it more in the alterna-prog category of Dredg, Oceansize, Karnivool, etc. Though the second track is a bit more Riverside/Anathema.

Agreed with the alterna-prog description. Thanks for pointing that out!

skyrefuge said:

I like this. Thanks!

skyrefuge said:
haha, how ironic!

Neil

Hey, at least I'm not rude. I warned people that they can still run for their lives. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANFhxYXGETw

haha, how ironic!

Neil

ahahah Awesome response. And ever cooler band! Never heard of them, really good stuff!

I liked the band that Milton posted too.. but this is great stuff...

ahahah Awesome response. And ever cooler band! Never heard of them, really good stuff!

Cool, glad you like it. The whole album is awesome, it's one of my favorites from 2008. It's the project of Christer Cederberg, once a member of In the Woods... before they sadly went their separate ways. A decade ago he had a project called Drawn, which was much more in the epic art-metal vein of In the Woods..., so it was quite a surprise to hear him come up with this warm, rounded, Anathema-like stuff.

Neil