Prog Metal Cd?

Ah, how could I forget Symphony X! They need to come out with a new release soon, I guess they're on Nuclear Blast now. V is great as is Paradise Lost, probably my favorite 2 albums by them.

Opeth is one of my all-time favorite bands but they aren't too heavy on the keyboards. They didn't even have a keyboardist until their last two releases. Still Life is likely my favorite album of all time.

I got Pain of Salvation's "One Hour By the Concrete Lake" album based on comparisons to Vangough and really wasn't too crazy about it. I might have to check out Perfect Element though...

If you do like the sound of the little keyboard that there are on Opeth's releases, you must check out Per's previous band "Spiritual Beggars", if you not already have. On their two latest (On Fire & Demons), Per goes crazy on the keyes. On the Demons limited edition there is a live disc where the keyboard is amazing. Sounds like Jon Lord and Ken Hensley all mixed in one.

Hmmm... I love Concrete Lake, but PE is much better, imo. If you don't like Concrete, it's possible that you won't like PE, but they do have their differences.
Pick it up... and listen front to back. I can't get enough of it... years later. My g/f knows it by heart because of how often I listen to it :p

Opeth's music contains the feeling and textures keyboards add, without even having them! There are nice doses of keys throughout, though.

Picked up The Aurora Project "Shadow Border" (I Love it!) Thanks Ken!
Now I just ordered the 1st one.