Prog Rock Radio

Where is this one based out of? There was one, just progradio.com that was running out of San Diego for a while, and had all kinds of multi-hour themed shows. When I was working late, I used to record them all the time for later playback. Yeah, not as clean as separate songs, but the also listed the playlists, so I could at least try to find the stuff I had never heard before. Great station, but looks like there is just a placeholder there now. Maybe they moved to something like live365 or the equivalent.

Interestingly, I JUST left my own show at Prog Rock Radio last week. My friend and I have been hosting it together across more than one station for about 3 years, but the time just came for me to hang it up, so I left it to my friend. It's called "When Prog and Power Unite" - http://www.wpapu.com

I'm streaming it with Quicktime. However, I do not see a display of what song is playing?

Glenn

I stream this at work through Windows media player (but use Quicktime on my home PC sometimes). It doesn't show what is playing (I've only seen that when you use the Live365 player) but I just leave a browser window open to the site at the Currently Playing link and that automatically refreshes.

I love this site - besides bands and albums I thought I was the only one had ever heard of (Listen and Dwelling in the Out by Digital Ruin, Ocean Mind by Divine Regale, both Ice Age albums, etc) I have discovered some great new stuff on here.

It's how I was introduced to ASPERA (nuts about that one) and got my break-in on Haken.

Recently on a kick with Dreyelands - great CD.
:headbang:

Yep, ProgRockandMetal.net is an excellent radio station run by Will Mangold who is a ProgPower regular and a good friend as well. Will is always playing new and upcoming bands on the station as well as maintaining a killer catelog of Prog and Power bands. I am very biased in my opinion but I got to say that his station rocks.

I prefer to use the SpacialNet player myself. This way I can see what songs are currently playing and were recently played.

You can also make requests by going to http://www.progrockandmetal.net/playlist0.html .

I highly recommend for anyone attending ProgPower and needing to check out the roster of bands playing, to check out this radio station. Will is always updating his catelog of music.

Thanks,
Ian Ringler

This is Will Mangold, broadcaster at Prog Rock and Metal (PRM) internet radio. It's actually pretty cool to see a few comments here on the PP forum about my stream. It all started as a hobby (still is actually) of "focused" prog rock/metal since I had amassed so many CDs while listening to the now defunct 'proggedradio' stream Chan Weinmeister ran for years until he hung up the hat. I'm now through 6 good years of streaming! Someday I may even get a mic hooked up and do some tags or two!

I love this stuff and I do what I can at my own expense to keep licenses up, purchase new releases, and keep the stream running 24/7 - on my own. My focus is posted on my simple supporting website (www.ProgRockandMetal.net/station_philosophy.html ). I try hard to stick with my focus and do have limits on what I like to add. I've gotten great feedback both about the station as well as recommendations to add material. It's a HUGE arena out there and I've spent many many countless hours researching and listening to new material in order to get it posted to PRM for the listeners to enjoy. I get no royalties and do not ask for any. I NEVER PIRATE what I have - never!

Now that I see Evergrey, Darkwater, and VP (they better show this time!) coming to PP XII, I'm heading for my 7th PP in a row this Sept. The "gang" and I look forward as well (my two sons, Chris/Dustin, and bassist Ian Ringler!). What a most memorable experience at PP and I will cherish it forever.

SO -- TUNE IN AT YOUR PROGLEISURE sometime to my station. I wish I had the time to work on the players that can be used (i.e., Quicktime, Windows Media Player, and etc) so that the cover art and other meta data can be displayed but I don't have the time nor the $$$$ to have a developer work with me to make it work. The SpacialNet player does show the cover art and the Live365 player (both VIP and non-VIP accts).

THANK YOU ALL for tuning in because. AND -- damn it to hell -- we need PROG added to the music award festivals so more and more potential listeners out there will know REAL music that has class, talent, listen-ability, creativity, and style! What a great family we have here in the prog world!

PROG ON

Will Mangold
PRM Radio (music that 'PROX')
www.ProgRockandMetal.net
EMAIL: progman55@itstriangle.com

PS: can you beleive I live in far northern Montana and almost froze my ass off this winter -- HOLY S**T! But, Life is good!