ProgPower band suggestions for the new lady friend?

ApolloFC

Sax-Man
Sep 18, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
This is a lady friend who is more into the live performance of the band. If they're just going to stand there then she's probably not going to enjoy the show saying she could just listen to them on cd at home. There's a possiblity of taking her to PPUSA, just a matter of which one mainly because of time (i just met her last semester and she's going to france for 3 months next year)

She's planning on going to Van Halen (who she "loves") and red hot chili peppers later this year if that helps any and I've already taken her to see the greensboro symphony this month and at this moment we're going again in feb.

I was thinking something along the lines of Therion based on their performance last year.

Sabaton and Voyager spring to mind instantly as good candidates based on their stage presence. Perhaps Evergrey, Kamelot, and Pagan's Mind as well...not quite as high energy as the aforementioned two bands, but they don't just stand around and their music has reasonable appeal for people new to this genre.

Sabaton and Voyager spring to mind instantly as good candidates based on their stage presence.

This, by a lot. Danny is a super-duper goofy showman, he just seems perpetually amazed at the number of people who will pay money to watch him have fun on stage - and the rest of the band are equally goofy. The only one who stays put is Mark (damned immobile drum kits... must work on that new invention).

Anyone who knows me knows my son and I are uber-fanboys of Sabaton. They are exciting to watch, and there are certainly lots of things they do in concert which make them fun for repeat viewing. If she is a fan of DLR's stage style, she'll appreciate Joakim's act. My only complaint from seeing them recently was that Par was injured, and had to go back to Sweden... but Emil played great, and seeing Joakim play bass for some tunes was worth it, in a way - got to see a performance most don't.

I thought Mob Rules gave a really good show, as well.

I had success getting an ex-gf to like Evergrey, Devin, and Harmony (while that last one never played PP, Darkwater is a related band...I think).

Lol.

I think Evergrey, Pagans Mind etc would be fine depending on her taste. She just sent me a txt saying "Doesn't matter. As long as its a good performance" when i asked her if she was into more the high energy performance shows.

:somewhat puzzled:

Sabaton, Voyager, Brainstorm, Turisas, Therion, Dragonforce, Eluveitie, Black Guard, Alestorm, and Hammerfall are all pretty high energy.