ProgPower CD preperation help...

Mephistopheles

The Answer You Seek
Nov 9, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
I am going to go buy CDs by the bands at ProgPower that I havn't heard before or don't know that much about. Which is a lot of them actually. But I was the same way last year believe it or not (I had heard of but had actually heard very little of their music). Last year I discovered many of what are now some of my favorite bands.

What CDs should I pick up by:

Rage - I own Ghosts
Vanden Plas
Circle II Circle
Secret Sphere
Pagans Mind

Thanks in advance!

Mephistopheles said:
I am going to go buy CDs by the bands at ProgPower that I havn't heard before or don't know that much about. Which is a lot of them actually. But I was the same way last year believe it or not (I had heard of but had actually heard very little of their music). Last year I discovered many of what are now some of my favorite bands.

Rage - I own Ghosts
Vanden Plas
Circle II Circle
Secret Sphere
Pagans Mind

Thanks in advance!

Vanden Plas-The God Thing.

The CircleIICircle cd comes out in April. There are soundclips of various songs up at their website www.circle2circle.de

From what I have heard from the cd, it's a mix of "Zak Stevens era" Savatage and more "mainstream" metal for lack of a better word. All the songs were written by Zak, Jon Oliva and several by Chris Caffery. I'm sure their set will include several Savatage songs as well, probably from Edge of Thorns.

Mephistopheles said:

Rage - I own Ghosts
Vanden Plas
Circle II Circle
Secret Sphere
Pagans Mind

Thanks in advance!

Cool man yeah I am stocking up on some Rage stuff :zombie:

Vanden Plas - get Far Off Grace (their best cd yet) and Beyond Daylight as well as The God Thing and The Colour Temple
Secret Sphere - Mistress of the Shadow Light is cool but A Time Never Comes is a great album!!!
Pagans Mind - Celestial Entrance RAWKS!!!

Bear

NP: Lullacry - Heart of Darkness

Rage-Unity (priority), Black in Mind, Missing Link, XIII
Pagans Mind-Celestial Entrance
Secret Sphere-A Time Nevercome
Vanden Plas-God Thing
Circle II Circle-Watching in Silence (only album)

Excelent. I went out before seeing any responses and blindly picked up Unity by Rage and Beyond Daylight by Vanden Plas. Rage definately sounds like a band that will kick much more ass live (not that they are bad on their albums) and Vanden Plas sounds pretty cool too. God I can not wait for this festivle. September feels like it will never come. At least its better than November!

I find some of these releases available at the end records. Is there any other online site that sells any of these bands cds for a relatively nice price? I am interested in pagan's mind as the end records didn't have the cd that everyone is mentioning.

Hail and Kill said:
The CircleIICircle cd comes out in April. There are soundclips of various songs up at their website www.circle2circle.de

From what I have heard from the cd, it's a mix of "Zak Stevens era" Savatage and more "mainstream" metal for lack of a better word. All the songs were written by Zak, Jon Oliva and several by Chris Caffery. I'm sure their set will include several Savatage songs as well, probably from Edge of Thorns.

TIGHT on "mainstream" metal!