ProgPower IX

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
Got my ticket yesterday and there's less than 150 left. Are all the usual Chicago peeps going to be there this year?
This will be my first year, really looking forward seeing Spheric Universe Experience, Serenity, Andromeda and of course Iced Earth. The Gamma Ray, Helloween show is a bonus, I'm hoping that tour hits Chicago as well.

Not me, though I do like the direction they are going in booking bands like Elvenking and Amorphis.

Should be a good time. As always, I eagerly await everyone's review of the fest.

You know, I really think you are a good guy, but I seriously HATE when you use words like "sheezy" :lol:

I just think its funny because I am one of the whitest guys ever. I have a lot of friends that like rap and they always tell me that I dont any "soul" and I always just tell them I sold to it the Devil in the name of metal.:loco::lol:

I'm going... using someone else's gold badge once again... I'd rather give the money to Glenn than to TicketBastard... so yeah. Skipping Ramma Gay and Helloween though... flying in Friday and leaving Sunday. The IE set should be cool, but Amorphis and Riverside are the biggest draws for me.

Most people who know me know that I'm not going. I'd only be interested in Riverside and Amorphis. I honestly cannot justify a trip like that for two bands. :p

That fest in general just isn't for me, but as always I wish nothing but the best to those that attend. :)

I'm opting out for Chicago instead. This will be my first time this year! I love Amorphis but I couldn't justify the $117 times two for my wife and I. IE and Testament on the same fest is a rarity I couldn't pass up!!

I'm going... using someone else's gold badge once again... I'd rather give the money to Glenn than to TicketBastard... so yeah. Skipping Ramma Gay and Helloween though... flying in Friday and leaving Sunday. The IE set should be cool, but Amorphis and Riverside are the biggest draws for me.

We're pretty much in the same boat, about the only thing that will make me change my mind on the show is if Jon Oliva tours the US. After a good run I'm honestly burned out on progpower, the experience just wasn't the same the last time I was there as the previous years.