Progpower tickets missing Barcode.

Too many people having too many issues with Ticketbastards. Not Glenn's fault of course, but I smell rat...........

The only thing I can do is alert TM them that it is happening. They need specific information in regards to date purchased, location, payment method, mailing address, etc. Only you can give that info to TM. Furthermore, they will need information from you regarding replacements.

Do not deal with Publix as they are simply a secondary location, not the actual company.

The best I can do is if TM says no barcode is needed and you give me the exact person you spoke with and number you called.

Glenn H.

Do not sweat things at the door if some do not have the barcode. I will explain what happened to the venue and allow entrance. However, if you can get them swapped, please do so.

Glenn H.

DAVETHEMETALGUY said:
glenn, you need to check into this ticket issue...the money is going to you, if we're getting bogus tix, you need to get on the horn to ticketmaster and 'rectify' this situation or get some SPECIFIC instructions on how to get new tix, and Publix doesnt know jack about it.

Did you call Ticketmaster directly? Or call the Publix location where you purchased the tickets?

Glenn H.

P.S. Drop the attitude. I'm on your side.

My tickets do not have barcodes either. I don't have a cell phone and don't plan on calling ticketmaster long distance for them to leave me on hold for ten minutes. I'm not going to bother with the Publix I bought the tickets from. I tried sending them an email but it keeps telling me that it timed out. Apparently I'm not going to have much of a choice but to show up with tickets without barcodes. Biggs purchased tickets from the same Publix I did and just got told that ticketmaster can't do anything about it because he bought them from Publix.

This is some bullshit.

I called Ticketmaster at the Agusta location, and after a 15 minute wait, the guy told me to call the Publix (Albany) I purchased the tickets from. I talked to an extremely awesome woman running the booth (Diana), who explained that this was the first time this has ever happened. After telling her my horror story with Ticketmaster, and explaining that almost everyone who got tix mailed/printed had this problem, she told me to come down later today with the tickets in question. My friend and I both have faulty tickets, so I'll let you know how it goeso_O o_O

Gunstar9 said:
I don't have a cell phone and don't plan on calling ticketmaster long distance for them to leave me on hold for ten minutes. /QUOTE]

If you complain loudly about the fact that you are having to make a long-distance phone call to resolve an issue that was TicketDisaster's fault, they'll take your number and call you back.

Of course, you do have to get a live person on the phone first...

Ok. Gunstar and I ran down to the Ticketmaster booth, and got reprints after the woman I called contacted TicketMasochist and explained. This led to our reprints, complete with barcodes. If you go to get your tickets replaced, they need the first set of tickets. Anyway, see you guys in Sept! :headbang:

Harvester said:
Did you call Ticketmaster directly? Or call the Publix location where you purchased the tickets?

Glenn H.

P.S. Drop the attitude. I'm on your side.

no attitude actually. sorry to give that off. i'm just the go-between for a friend who is computerless. i was typing as he was talking, literally.
He tried Publix first, then ticketmaster. He got run around at both places. ticketmaster kept him on hold. Publix didnt know jack. he's just worried that after paying his money if he's gonna be shit outta luck if none of this barcode crap is fixed...he feels that you should see if you can get anywhere with Ticketmaster since you are the 'big dog'
that's all
thanks

I'll make sure the venue is aware of the problem and they are notifing Ticketmaster (as it is their account). However, I would ask that your friend make a few attempts directly with TM to fix it as other have done. We have several months so there is plenty of time.

Glenn H>

when we went to day of the equinox, they opened the doors, we're ready to run to the front, and they stared at our tix with scanner in other hand, like uuuuhhh... no barcode. so after 5 min (thank goodness they stopped the line), 'well i guess the tix are good' we finally got in.

havent got PP ticket in mail yet, but i'm not gonna worry too much, there's plenty of time to get it straightened out. thanks, you guys are on top of this stuff!

I'll say this right freakin now.

TICKET COPYING / SCAMMING PROBABILITIES

If there's a bunch of tickets without barcodes, I can foresee a copying problem. Or people getting the replacement tickets with barcodes, then trying to sell off the faulty tickets. Or people faking their own barcodes onto the tickets and cheating their way inside.

Yeah, I know, I'm a party pooper, but I have to throw that out there before anyone tries that shit. Cuz ANYONE will try to scalp them or something similar, or Ebaying their shit and getting rich once the tickets are sold out. And the last thing I wanna deal with, is security arguing at the door with every other person coming inside.

As much as I hate to say it, every ticket should have a barcode on it. No excuses.

I actually checked with Earthlink and there is a way to validate the ticket besides barcoding so I'm not worried. However, I once again ask everyone to get the barcode if possible.

Glenn

wow, this is a conundrum... is there any possibility that if we start complaining to Earthlink Live about the situation, they might cancel their deal with TicketRapist?

booB said:
wow, this is a conundrum... is there any possibility that if we start complaining to Earthlink Live about the situation, they might cancel their deal with TicketRapist?

Hell, I'd be happy with Earthlink changing their contract to a non-exclusive one, opening the doors to other vendors. This, of course, Will Not Happen.