ProgPower USA 2013: The Final Word

I couldn't ask for more. Thank you so much Glenn, Jen, and everyone else who has continued to contribute!

One year at a time, guys. Let's focus every year on promoting this festival to those who don't know about it, and make every year a positive, metalhead-packed experience as possible so people keep returning and returning.

THIS..very much!! :kickass:

We need a "USA DAY" next year. US bands and only US bands carrying the torch of Prog/Power metal. :) Plus it would help on saving money on visas and such. just an idea to toss out there.

We need a "USA DAY" next year. US bands and only US bands carrying the torch of Prog/Power metal. :) Plus it would help on saving money on visas and such. just an idea to toss out there.

There are a lot of really good US bands that haven't played. Arch/Matheos, Death to All, Anacrusis, Solitude Aeternus, James Labrie, Helstar, Benedictum and Vicious Rumors come to mind.

There are a lot of really good US bands that haven't played. Arch/Matheos, Death to All, Anacrusis, Solitude Aeternus, James Labrie, Helstar, Benedictum and Vicious Rumors come to mind.

Exactly. Plenty of great bands on our own soil who don't tour regularly and would be great to see all in one day. Add Powermad to the list and even Rob Rock and Chris Impelletteri.

That would be cool, but one of the strengths of this fest is the fact that these bands from overseas get to come over here for maybe the only time in their careers to play for us. The list of debuts this year is pretty amazing.

I have often wonder why so many U.S. bands are overlooked. There are so many good bands here like Anacrusis, Cynic, Solitude Aeturnus, TTD, Hammers of Misfortune, jeez the list could go on for miles. And yes it would be cheaper and would probably still bring in the same outcome.

Indeed he did and i sat next to him in the stands one year, but he did not perform with Impelletteri, and no offense to Mr. Rock but they are better together.

IMPELLETTERI at PP would be the SH*T!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHpdAVCC66s

Hey I sat next to him as well, he was looking over the lyrics for the Crimson Glory set but he still took time out to talk to me, class act guy.

Hey I sat next to him as well, he was looking over the lyrics for the Crimson Glory set but he still took time out to talk to me, class act guy.

oh boy let's not talk about that Crimson Glory set again; a few of them had cheat sheets. Seriously if you are going to tribute a man's work you should know his work. But maybe using the excuse of 'tribute" as a catalyst just to be seen is true respect... Gotta love those rockstars.:rolleyes: