ProgPower USA on AXS TV or iPPV??

mjtilley

Mar 16, 2007
Hey Glenn, have you ever thought about having PPUSA aired on AXS TV or iPPV? I think it'd be a great way to bring more fans to this genre & also give ppl a chance to see it who can't make it to Atlanta. I know there are production costs, servers & bandwidth, etc. But I think it'd be worth it to get the brand out there. Just an idea, don't know if it's ever been brought up or not so here ya go.

I'm guessing Glenn you don't like this idea?

Maybe he thinks that being able to stream the festival will encourage people to stay home and not spend the money to make the trip. Granted, there's no replacement for seeing it live, and the people and merch you see, but some could get by on a stream.

Sorry that I missed this previously.

I have no desire to do any sort of stream of the festival. After 15 years and world wide recognition, I honestly see no further need to "get the brand out there." I have no desire for expansion and I'm realistic in terms of the audience that I already draw now. I also have no desire to simply give the product away when I stand to gain nothing tangible or beneficial. I'd honestly be pissing away both time and money. Finally, I'm old school. A concert/festival has to be experienced in person to fully appreciate the artists, performances, and atmosphere.

You made wonderful points with why you don't do it Glenn. I was just curious as to if it had ever crossed your mind. I agreed with the being there to get the experience & feel the electricity most. I like the fact you stay old school & stick to your guns. It's the main reason PPUSA is what it is, the best metal festival in the world.

Agreed. ProgPower must be experienced in person

As has been stated a million times, the people are as much the festival as the shows are. Streaming it would be so...cold. I watched the Redemption DVD a few months ago and if it weren't for the fact that I was there for it...there would have been relatively little spark.