ProgPower USA X CD Sampler annual thread

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
We hope you all enjoy this years CD/event program (sorry for screwing up the Sabaton interview page, I unbelievably missed that on the proofs, but it will be fixed in the PDF version).

As we always do yearly, let the bands know which of their tracks you liked, whether one or a ton. There was some cool stuff on there I think.

One change for this year, if you did not like a particular track, please refrain from talking about it. Please remember these bands all purchased a slot with their hard earned money, and it gets tougher and tougher to find band's willing to do what it takes to promote their music, so for that alone I appreciate each and every one of them for booking.

The CD/Event program will be put online hopefully by Sunday.

(Bands waiting on your free forum I will get with you shortly!)

Grimms Bridge has requested special attention here as well, it is our very own Chris Roy's new band:http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ower-usa-x-cd-input-needed-grimms-bridge.html

I'm still going through the discs, the tracks that are sticking with me right off the bat.

CD1
2 - Edgend
3 - Persfone
4 - Heart of Cygnus
6 - Phonomik
7 - Vangouch

CD2
1 - Delain
6 - Divinity Comprimised
7 - DSO
8 - Proserpine

I'm digging most of the other tracks as well but I'll need to play they a couple more times.

Its nice to finally hear our song mastered, great job on putting the disc together.

I heard Chris' tune while we were banjo hunting this past July....
Sounded good to these ears, Didn't realize it was on the sampler...
Will check it out when I get home.....

I'm gonna have to go with Track 4, CD 2. Just sayin.....

DSO, and Delain for me. I'm lovin' Delain, more of that Venturia/NewNightwish-style of clear female vocals. Vito's project, Divinity Compromised is pretty killer as well, that dude is a killer player/writer.

I've yet to get the sampler CD. I live in Malta and it's a pretty long haul to get to PPUSA hehe. But my band has a song on the sampler CD and to be honest I'm just itching to find out the public opinion about it. Well, rather than itching, it's more of a stomach churning, intense nausea sort of sweaty terror-drenched anticipation...:ill:

Hope you guys/gals like it *fingers crossed*

More input to come after a few spins but that Delain track blew me away, I picked up their latest at Best Buy (wow, they carried it!) and will be ordering their 1st. Great cd by the way.

My favorite tracks (in no specific order) were:

Persefone - The Endless Path
Phonomik - Mentel Fire
Vangough - Estranger

Proserpine - White Fall
Souljourners - Tangent Universe

Hey guys,

So I got my PPUSA X mix compilation at the show, but I unfortunately lost the jewel case before I got around to listen to it. Would any of you mind posting a full tracklist? It may be hassle, but I would really appreciate it. (it kind of sucks not knowing who you're listening to)

@ Spiderpact

Disc 1

01 Sonia - Ms. Eurametic / Blinded By the Rain
02 Edgend - Internal Fire
03 Persefone - The Endless Path
04 Heart of Cygnus - Lost At Sea
05 Grimms Bridge - Until the Light of Dawn
06 Phonomik - Mentel Fire
07 Pete Rossi - Dissociative Fugue
08 Aspire - Vengence (That Day Is Mine)
09 Vangough - Estranger
10 VOR - Slow Motion Crash
11 Twenty-Six Other-Worlds - Incubux
12 Mendacity - Immortality Faded
13 Tiffany Apan - Destiny's Path

Disc 2
01 Delain - Virtue and Vice
02 Fool's Game - As the Field of Dreams Was Abandoned
03 Totem - The Storm
04 Mindwarp Chamber - On the Mend
05 Wicked Waltz - Man Made Faith
06 Divinty Compromised - The Way Home
07 Diablo Swing Orchestra - Vodka Inferno
08 Proserpine - White Fall
09 Hunted - Impaled
10 Skyliner - Symphony In Black
11 Souljourners - Tangent Universe
12 Seventh Avenue - Futures Dawn
13 Diversity Theory - Stranger Things

@ Spiderpact

Disc 1

01 Sonia - Ms. Eurametic / Blinded By the Rain
02 Edgend - Internal Fire
03 Persefone - The Endless Path
04 Heart of Cygnus - Lost At Sea
05 Grimms Bridge - Until the Light of Dawn
06 Phonomik - Mentel Fire
07 Pete Rossi - Dissociative Fugue
08 Aspire - Vengence (That Day Is Mine)
09 Vangough - Estranger
10 VOR - Slow Motion Crash
11 Twenty-Six Other-Worlds - Incubux
12 Mendacity - Immortality Faded
13 Tiffany Apan - Destiny's Path

Disc 2
01 Delain - Virtue and Vice
02 Fool's Game - As the Field of Dreams Was Abandoned
03 Totem - The Storm
04 Mindwarp Chamber - On the Mend
05 Wicked Waltz - Man Made Faith
06 Divinty Compromised - The Way Home
07 Diablo Swing Orchestra - Vodka Inferno
08 Proserpine - White Fall
09 Hunted - Impaled
10 Skyliner - Symphony In Black
11 Souljourners - Tangent Universe
12 Seventh Avenue - Futures Dawn
13 Diversity Theory - Stranger Things
Hey, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

Cool thanks. I wasn't sure how well the song would be received because the sampler is filled with all these powerful rocking songs where ours is almost like a ballad with some extra notes :)

I'm more impressed with these discs than any other year, including the years there were four cd's in the sampler.

I think the past we had more demo sounding stuff whats really crazy is the number of Indie bands on this years sampler and the quality of the recordings.

Well I have to say that ours did cost us an arm and a leg to produce and we did it all out of our own pockets. And I'm sure other bands are going down that path too. It's a labor of love though and we put into our record a lot more than just our paychecks.

Yeah I totally know where your coming from, we're not signed and we are also funding our own CD. We're saving some money by not recording all the instruments in the studio, some tracks were done at our rehearsal spot. Any money saved in the recording will be lost later because we are dishing out extra money for getting a good engineer to do our mixing and then we're going to want to get some killer mastering done to final product.

I agree its totally a labor of love, none of us are in this for the money. We all have 9-5 jobs to pay for our musical passion, hopefully someone else will enjoy it as well.