ProgPower USA X CD Sampler annual thread

Well I have to say that ours did cost us an arm and a leg to produce and we did it all out of our own pockets. And I'm sure other bands are going down that path too. It's a labor of love though and we put into our record a lot more than just our paychecks.

Which song is yours dude? I meant to ask earlier, I love everything on this disk, so I'm sure I like your song! I just don't know which one it is!

I agree with everyone about it being a labor of love. Most of the time my lady wants to wring my neck for spending every waking moment writing/recording/playing. I'm sure all of us, and probably everyone on this CD as well as up on stage at PP, gets to do what they do because of a supportive (even if its marginal support) family/friends.

These forums are filled with people making and appreciating music that is heartfelt in everyway. This stuff isn't BritneySpears-like commercial garbage cranked out by kids + some really clever producer somewhere. Thats also why I get pissed when people start doggin' Dream Theater/Testament/etc.. and bands who were right here in the pits with us and have managed to make it.

/rant

I have to say that of all the years (and I have them all), this year's PPUSA sampler probably has the best overall mix of great music I've heard. Both Talent and Production value has also kicked up tremendously.

I'm glad we were on this one, because before I heard it I had joked about ending up between 2 less than stellar bands, but instead I hear a bunch of bands that I look forward to hearing more from.

Great Job, Deron... putting together another great looking package, too!
:headbang:
-Chris Roy
Stage Manager / ProgPower USA
Vocalist / Grimms Bridge

I'm more impressed with these discs than any other year, including the years there were four cd's in the sampler.

I think the past we had more demo sounding stuff whats really crazy is the number of Indie bands on this years sampler and the quality of the recordings.

I agree. Usually with these samplers there were songs that really sounded horrible, both from production quality and the actual song itself. This year I don't think there was a really bad song in the bunch. Most of the songs are indeed quite listenable and in fact pretty darn good. Quality over quantity this year.

Hey guyz!

Just thought I'd post something up here to see what you guyz thought of the track Impaled by Hunted? Honest critical feedback is always appreciated! It's from our demo and certainly there are shortcomings, especially production-wise, as people are saying here a lot of money needs to be spent on mixing/mastering and it's tough at times... hopefully for our upcoming release we'll be able to cover these problems!!!

Anyway, thanks all!!!
Steve :kickass:
(Hunted, www.myspace.com/huntedrock)

I was glad to see my boys in Skyliner finally get in on the Official Sampler action! They've paid their dues and richly deserved a spot on the compilation!

I was just listening to iTunes on shuffle and The Storm by Totem came on. I didn't recognize the song at first and assumed it was from a band I already had in my library, but was pleasantly surprised to find out it was from the Prog Power USA CD Showcase. I haven't had time to listen to all the songs, but The Storm was quite good.

Hey guyz!

Just thought I'd post something up here to see what you guyz thought of the track Impaled by Hunted? Honest critical feedback is always appreciated! It's from our demo and certainly there are shortcomings, especially production-wise, as people are saying here a lot of money needs to be spent on mixing/mastering and it's tough at times... hopefully for our upcoming release we'll be able to cover these problems!!!

Anyway, thanks all!!!
Steve :kickass:
(Hunted, www.myspace.com/huntedrock)

I like what I hear on your myspace.