ProgPower USA XIII Picture Thread

Stephen and Allen chimping backstage. Actually, they were debating Canon vs. Nikon user interfaces, but neither one could locate the rear curtain flash sync setting in their cameras.

20120914-185125-ESA9608-2-L.jpg

D800 ISO 4500 1/125s f3.5 flash (with rear curtain sync)

Great shots, Justin! Would you consider emailing me the first one so I can share it on the facebook page? jen at progpowerusa dot com

~Jen

War story: In the interest of getting some Friday photos published immediately (and sleep), I was planning to skip Epica's headlining set and leave it in Stephen and Allen's capable hands. But then I heard of those CO2 jets, and saw the plumbing while in the pit earlier. Had to stay and get a picture of that! End result: 2 hours of time (and sleep) lost, got only ONE decent shot of the jets, the lighting of them wasn't particularly interesting, and I had the wrong angle for the front jets which ended up obscuring Simone. But glad I stayed, I got a few nice wide and telephoto shots without the jets.

Back at the venue at 9am Saturday for the private Redemption set. Slept on a bench in the lobby for two hours afterwards.

20120915-004923-ESA0314-L.jpg

20120915-004925-ESA0319-L.jpg

War story: In the interest of getting some Friday photos published immediately (and sleep), I was planning to skip Epica's headlining set and leave it in Stephen and Allen's capable hands. But then I heard of those CO2 jets, and saw the plumbing while in the pit earlier. Had to stay and get a picture of that! End result: 2 hours of time (and sleep) lost, got only ONE decent shot of the jets, the lighting of them wasn't particularly interesting, and I had the wrong angle for the front jets which ended up obscuring Simone. But glad I stayed, I got a few nice wide and telephoto shots without the jets.

Back at the venue at 9am Saturday for the private Redemption set. Slept on a bench in the lobby for two hours afterwards.

You rule, Esa! Thank you for all of your hard work and sacrifice - we all appreciate the fruits of your labor very much. :)

Glenn and Wayne P. won't go into detail about their "war story" with the CO2 rental, set-up and execution. ;)

Epica wanted to ensure they made their headline set super special for attendees, and I think they succeeded!

~Jen