ProgPower USA XV: SOLD-OUT

First of all - many congratulations to Glenn and Jen!!!!

Second of all - thanx to Glenn for keeping us apprised of the ticket situation. If not for your updates, I may have missed the boat!!!!

Third of all - what made this sell out so quickly?? The economy?? The combo of PoS, STREETS, Strato and Overkill??

Just curious - I have been going since PP IV and I can't remember it selling out this quickly.

Chris :headbang:

I also think that the perception/concern that PPPXV might have been the last one contributed. It may have brought in those who wanted to check it out one last time, or to see what the fuss was about.

I also think that the perception/concern that PPPXV might have been the last one contributed. It may have brought in those who wanted to check it out one last time, or to see what the fuss was about.

I think if that was the case last year would have sold out, and the previous year would have sold out quickly when Glenn came out and said it might be the last one.

My perspective is that attendance is mostly based on lineup. As someone who has wanted to go for several years but didn't bite the bullet until last year, it costs somewhere around $1,000 to attend if coming from the west coast. Every year when I look at the lineup the things that must jump out at me to consider going is (a) how many of these bands do I know? and (b) can I see the bands on this bill on locally? Two years ago I liked the lineup, but the headliners (Symphony X, Epica, Nightwish) were playing my area. I would have loved to see Pretty Maids, but not for $1,000 and a half week of vacation time. The last few years seem to have either strong headliners that I didn't need to fly to Atlanta to see as well as lesser bands that either I didn't know or weren't worth $1,000, or lineups that I just couldn't justify buying a plane ticket just to see the 2 bands that really interested me. Last year was my first year and I really loved the lineup top to bottom, but I didn't think it would sell out quickly because Sabaton already toured the same year and Shadow Gallery just didn't have enough name recognition for the masses. But the minute I saw the video announcement at last year's show, I predicted an early sellout. The reason is that then there are bands everyone knows like Overkill and Masterplan in the #3 spots, it really gets your attention. Plus, I don't think anyone would have been surprised if both Seventh Wonder and POS were headliners - but instead they are #2. So really, the exclusive nature of the sets plus the overall strength of the lineup from top to bottom I think made the biggest difference this year.

So you're telling me that some people ONLY go to ProgPower USA based on the bands playing?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well they certainly don't go expecting to meet excited Brazilian guys in the hotel elevator. Unless they're wearing official Angra merch that is :devil:

Seriously though. It does cost but you get a hell of a lot out of the experience. Even if it just watching the bands & buying the merch.

I think if that was the case last year would have sold out, and the previous year would have sold out quickly when Glenn came out and said it might be the last one.

There was a certain reason that this particular lineup hinted that this could very easily be the last show. And even with the sellout coming so quickly, I don't think anyone who mattered would have blamed him for stepping out of the ring as the king this year.

Granted, I'm glad he's going on with it. I just don't think anyone was really sure.

Belated Congarats, Glenn.
congarats.gif

Congrats!

Being more of a traditional/power metal fan, I think next year's lineup is not the best. I think what made me decide to buy my tickets was that I've finally given up on complaining about how my favorite European power metal bands never come to the states and I'm trying to do something about it by supporting those people who make the effort to bring them here.