Protest the Hero - Palimpsest

Based on the singles I wasn't honestly expecting to be blown away, but this album is an absolute monster. It's a strong contender for Album of the Year for me.

The whole album is on youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mO58AmZgPuVDwd4T6t0TWzlPaCzyJynfk

I got the download Wednesday and I've had it in rotation ever since. I didn't listen to any of the advance singles. I thik this is one of their top albums. Vocals are off the hook. It's everything you love about PtH taken to the next level.

Reactions: Mardoch
I was concerned about the vocals since Rody blew his voice out, but he sure seems to have made a full recovery. Also this might be one of their sharpest albums lyrically.

I get the whole 'extreme vocal' thing. I really do. But I still say that these screamers are going to be hurting in later years. Incredibly damaging to the vocal chords.

That said, this may well be their best disc yet. Any lover of prog metal SHOULD be all over this. I've loved this band forever. Great to see them still turning out such killer music.

I get the whole 'extreme vocal' thing. I really do. But I still say that these screamers are going to be hurting in later years. Incredibly damaging to the vocal chords.
Only if you do it wrong, honestly. There's a ton of techniques that go into the various flavors of extreme vocals, but you'll be fine as long as you're not just using your throat for everything (which will absolutely permanently shred your voice).