ProTools Control Surface

Matt Crooks

www.fools-game.com
Feb 13, 2004
Mid-Atlantic, USA
www.fools-game.com
I've read a lot of bad things about the Control 24, but is there anything else in the same price range that is any good? The D-Control is a little out of my price range right now and the AWS900 is a lot out of my price range.

Is a used ProControl a better choince than the Control 24? Any other options?

This will be for PT HD Accell, if that matters.

I just spent the last 4 days mixing on a Pro Control and I must say I like it alot. I'd love the AWS :) They just did a review of it in this months Sound on Sound.

I think Tascam make a reasonably priced 24 channel controller for Pro Tools too...

I've liked the Control 24 when I've used it in the past, but it does have it's fair share of problems. I wouldn't buy one second hand or without warranty.

The Tascam controller is ok, but is basically just a glorified Kenton Control Freak.

Thanks for the replies.

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Ask Andy... Control|24 is a very nice control surface... when it's working... :ill:

That's my concern... reliability. Hopefully the new ones have the power supply issue worked out.

I also understand that their monitoring section is not very good. Can anyone comment? What about the central station? Is that a better option than using the C24's monitor section, or should I look at the Coleman or Grace?