Put together the ULTIMATE Band

Drums - Jukka Nevalanien
Bass/vocals - Marko Heitala
Guitar - Rusty Cooley
Guitar - Drew Creel
Keyboards - Bobby Williamson
Vocals - Lance King/John West
female vocals - Jenn Sowle

I was gonna write something up but I couldn't think of a name for the band that wasn't silly or disrepectful to everyone in it. I started listing names and it pretty much ended up everyone from every band, kinda crazy actually.

It would be a metal opera concept project and would be about D&D Forgotten Realms, specifically Drizzt Do'urden and the Underdark.

The more I thought about it the more it got difficult to continue since it's something that would be cool if it was for real. So I don't think I could do it justice by fleshing it out.

Ultimate Band =
Chuck Billy on Main Vocals
Mike Romeo on Guitar
Mattias Eklundh on Guitar (imagine the twin leads?)
Kevin Moore on Keys (confused, yet brilliant)
Eddie Jackson on Bass (I've always like his accenting)
Mark Zonder on Drums (on his game, of course)

Background vocals, choir and harmonies supplied by Mike Patton, John Arch, Ray Alder, Midnight(sober), Tom & Corrina (Evergrey) and me (of course I'm going to make myself part of my "Ultimate Band").

I'd also take John Macaluso, if Mark is too busy to practice for the tour.
:headbang:

Let me know when we start.:devil:

Vocals - Roy S. Khan
Lead Guitar - Timo Tolkki
Rythym Guitar - Jon Schaffer
Bass - Steve Harris
Keys - Kevin Moore
Drums - Mark Zonder
Female Vocals - Floor Jansen

Band Name: Shades of Gray (Have always wanted to see that! lol)

Skin Beater(s): Mark Zonder and Norm Leggio
Handling the Low End of things: Stu Hamm
Axe Men: Jason Becker and Marcel Coenen
All things keyboard related: J. S. Bach
The Pipes, man, the Pipes: Ray Alder (I would gladly step in for backing vocals and a duet here or there)

Oh, to dream. :)

Wow Shades...You're building your All-Star band and no mention of Kevin Moore??!! bad shades, bad shades :lol:

Wow Shades...You're building your All-Star band and no mention of Kevin Moore??!! bad shades, bad shades :lol:

And also no mention of that great California Guitarist named Perpet either shame on you Shades shame shame

What is this? Pick on CG day or something? (*sniff, sniff* lol)

"ULTIMATE Band", not All-Star, bub. ;) I still choose Bach over KevMo. So there. :p heheh

Had this been a "Build your band out of your favorite musicians" thread, Perpet and Mr. Moore would've definitely been listed, but it would have had to turn it in to a Metal Symphony orchestra, not just a band... I have too many favorites!

What is this? Pick on CG day or something? (*sniff, sniff* lol)

"ULTIMATE Band", not All-Star, bub. ;) I still choose Bach over KevMo. So there. :p heheh

Had this been a "Build your band out of your favorite musicians" thread, Perpet and Mr. Moore would've definitely been listed, but it would have had to turn it in to a Metal Symphony orchestra, not just a band... I have too many favorites!

Perpet's a musician? :lol:
:loco: :lol:

Jus kiddin Todd

Great to see some appreciation for Marco, I was really tempted to put him on my list!

Marco is one of those who flew under the radar for years until he exploded on the scene. For Nightwish, Tarja was replaceable. Marco Hietala is not.:kickass:

Weird ... I was just thinking of this earlier today:

Hansi Kursch (vocals)
Kai Hansen (rhythm/lead/songwriting .... and some vocals :D )
Andre Olbrich (rhythm/lead/songwriting)
Markus Grosskopf (bass)
Thomen Stauch (drums)

I'd wet myself if I saw this

Edit: Maybe call this one-time concert "Nightfall On Halloween" ... maybe call the band "Bards 'n' Pumpkins", lol

Marco is one of those who flew under the radar for years until he exploded on the scene. For Nightwish, Tarja was replaceable. Marco Hietala is not.:kickass:

This is going to garner a lot of hate here, but I liked Nightwish a lot more before Marco joined. I'm a huge Tarot fan though. It's also sort of interesting how Tarja, who was so essential to the sound of the band that Tuomas himself said he'd put the band to rest if she left a few years ago, is so easily cast aside by the fans.

I totally agree with Stingray, NIGHTWISH without Marco at this point is not NIGHTWISH, Tarja IS replaceable but MARCO or JUKKA or EMPPU or TOUMAS ARE NOT.

Refreshments - Sebastian Bach (Skid Row)

I'm going to be laughing about that all day. Of course if he's going to take the gig I think he'll need to quit Gilmour Girls :erk:

So off the top of my head...

Vox- Tom Englund/Matt Barlowe Ack can't choose
Female vox - Floor Jansen
Geetar - Mark Jansen
Geetar - Bernd Basmer
Bass - Troy Tipton
Drums - Mike Portnoy
Keys - Jordan Rudess
Cowbell - Glenn Harveston

:headbang::headbang: