Pyramaze - Immortal = incredible

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
Pyramaze - Immortal was leaked yesterday. I'm on my second time listening to it now and I have to say it's very impressive. It's much better than the songs Iced Earth just released with Matt Barlow. The first song (after intro) is kind of a blah song to start the album with, mainly because I thought I was listening to Iced earth when it first began but it definitely improves. I really like Matt's vocals with the really thick/heavy guitar sound of Pyramaze, compared to the lighter sound Iced Earth has been heading the last couple albums.

I can't see this album not making my top 10 of 2008.

... Seriously? You thought it was a top 10 album?

Seriously?

This isn't a joke topic, is it?

When I first read the title of this thread, my first thought was: "How did the members of Immortal join and leave Pyramaze and I not hear about it until now?" Yes, I was obviously a little in the dark about the name of their new album.

That said, I am interested in hearing what they've come up with, although I'll have to wait until it's available somewhere else besides a leak/torrent site -- like on CD.

ah yes, the inevitable leak of our album. Glad you guys are digging it, and equally as glad that you guys will be buying it instead of just downloading it! Prog-Power USA fans are the greatest :) -jonah w-
p.s thank you for the support :)

When I first read the title of this thread, my first thought was: "How did the members of Immortal join and leave Pyramaze and I not hear about it until now?" Yes, I was obviously a little in the dark about the name of their new album.

That said, I am interested in hearing what they've come up with, although I'll have to wait until it's available somewhere else besides a leak/torrent site -- like on CD.

Oh I'll definitely be buying it on cd also, I'm just impatient when a band I like has a new album coming out. I need the cd so I can rip it at a much higher bitrate to listen to it on my Zune.

Dude, don't worry. The bands who DESERVE my money definitely get it! Besides... I'm a junkie for lyrics and artwork. Darklyrics.com ain't exactly the most reliable source for the words, if you get my drift!

Just hurry up and get it released, so we can buy it. Then you can sleep easy at night.

By the way, the one new song on your Myspace player is BALLS HEAVY-DUTY!!! I'll wait patiently for the rest.

\m/

I will definately be picking this up. This is the Pyramaze album I have been waiting for. I love lance's voice, but i definately think their brand of music works with Barlow, it really gives it the element I think it is has been missing on the last 2 albums. The last 2 albums were really good, but this one is incredible, plus it helps that I have always been a huge fan of Barlow. I think it was funny, because the progpower when the first cd was released, somebody suggested I get it if I liked kamelot and iced earth because it was a combo of those 2 bands, kind of funny now since Barlow did this record, so I guess Khan is next.

Hm, this brings up an interesting question for me. Maybe Jonah can answer it. How exactly does an album get leaked out? Do you guys ship copies to reviewers and they do it, or is it someone in the record label? I know it's probably impossible to know but it's human to question things.

and by the way, I had not bought(or illegally downloaded) any of your albums, but i am definitely buying this one. I hope its available on amazon mp3 downloads soon!

Hm, this brings up an interesting question for me. Maybe Jonah can answer it. How exactly does an album get leaked out? Do you guys ship copies to reviewers and they do it, or is it someone in the record label? I know it's probably impossible to know but it's human to question things.

and by the way, I had not bought(or illegally downloaded) any of your albums, but i am definitely buying this one. I hope its available on amazon mp3 downloads soon!

Promo copies get sent to reviewers, and then some of them think it's funny to put it up on the net for people to download. I really don't find it funny however....

When I first read the title of the thread, I thought that John C. had somehow drank from the Holy Grail and that I could count on my friend to rock with me in Atlanta for decades to come!! :lol:

Back OT: Congrats to Pyramaze on the completion of the new album.

Oh I'll definitely be buying it on cd also, I'm just impatient when a band I like has a new album coming out. I need the cd so I can rip it at a much higher bitrate to listen to it on my Zune.

Yeah - the quality of the actual cd is way higher than some lousy Mp3
pirate copy. You can't get the real feel for the album, until you actually
hear the cd. (and I'm not saying this to sell albums, but because i want
to present over one years worth of work the way it's supposed to sound)

Thanks for your support guys 'n girls!

Michael Kammeyer

Promo copies get sent to reviewers, and then some of them think it's funny to put it up on the net for people to download. I really don't find it funny however....
I've never understood what they get out of doing that. A lot of the promos I get now either have some kind of digital signature so if you leak it, everyone knows where it came from OR they break up the tracks so when you go to dl it, there are like 99 tracks. I'm not sure just how successful those tactics are.

Well, I haven't hear it yet, but I've heard nothing but great things about it. It's a must buy for me.

Oh yeah, don't even need to talk to me about MP3 quality.... I can't STAND MP3's. They've got such a harsh wishywashy sound to the cymbals and higher guitar work. Grates my ear canals. So I always prefer my CD's straight. Even if I'm the one ripping the disc to my MP3 collection! Still rather hear the actual disc.

Yeah - the quality of the actual cd is way higher than some lousy Mp3
pirate copy. You can't get the real feel for the album, until you actually
hear the cd. (and I'm not saying this to sell albums, but because i want
to present over one years worth of work the way it's supposed to sound)

Thanks for your support guys 'n girls!

Michael Kammeyer

Couldn't agree more... anyone who truly appreciates music can not possibly be satisfied with the sound quality of an mp3!!!

A lot of the promos I get now either have some kind of digital signature so if you leak it, everyone knows where it came from OR they break up the tracks so when you go to dl it, there are like 99 tracks. I'm not sure just how successful those tactics are.
I'm not sure about the digital signature promos, but the 99-tracks trick doesn't work...scene groups seem to get around that easily.