QUEENSRŸCHE - Condition Hüman

It is good to know that Queensryche still incites enough passion in people (good and bad) to inspire a 2 page thread in a couple days. Given the traffic patterns here, few bands can make that claim.

As for the the song, I like it. Is it recapturing the wonder of the golden years? Nah. But I will probably pick it up and I did enjoy their last album quite a bit. Again, not album of the year, but something I did come back to surprisingly often. Unlike others, I processed my Queensryche grief years ago. Sure, it took me a long time along with plenty of anger and disappointment over the years. So I go into new releases with zero expectations, I kinda approach the post-Tate records as if they had kept the name Rising West. I go in without the baggage of the golden era.

Plus now with Todd singing, if nothing else they are an enjoyable nostalgia act live. If they put out some pretty good songs and keep touring on the classics, that is a solid outcome for me. The alternative was seeing them in the dark years where there would be this wall of distortion for 30 seconds, only to realize that somehow they were playing Walk in the Shadows. Let us not even discuss the cabaret. Ok, perhaps I have not processed my grief as well as I boldly claimed ;)

QUEENSRŸCHE - NEW ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED

Queensrÿche’s highly anticipated new, full-length offering, Condition Hüman, is set for a release via Century Media Records on October 2nd. The album’s cover-art (see attached image) and official track-listing (see below) is now available.

Todd LaTorre (vocals) states: "The artwork depicts a beautiful innocence surrounded by the darkness of a jaded unpredictable world."

queensychConditionart.jpg

Condition Hüman tracklisting:
“Arrow of Time”
“Guardian”
“Hellfire”
“Toxic Remedy”
“Selfish Lives”
“Eye9”
“Bulletproof”
“Hourglass”
“Just Us”
“All There Was”
“The Aftermath”
“Condition Hüman”

Artwork reminds me of DT or Lillian Axe. Took me several looks to finally spot the tri-ryche. So long as it doesn't have ears in a freakin' jar and a tri-ryche logo, I'm pretty much OK with it.

Oh, and it doesn't contain ring letters reading "FU" on the cover either.....

I agree with the Dream Theater cover comparisons. I like it!

Hey, Zod, I wonder what you would think of the band's previous album with Todd if you gave it the kind of run that you did in your recent experiment. Personally, I think the songs are very well-written, and they reveal a little bit more with each listen. At the very least, a lot of the songs are more memorable to my ears than anything that the band released past the material on "Promised Land."

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

HITNF was basically a Tate/DeGarmo solo project and I think after that, DeGarmo was running on empty - creatively (duh!) and, possibly (shhh... don't TELL anyone!) fed-up with the melodrama Tate was starting to let overtake him.

That said, the few songs I've heard from this are quite promising and I'm hoping for the best - if not a triple. Hell, Tate's solo band (er... Operation: Mindcrime) even has a track or two that could redeem that potential sonic debacle.

I think one thing is pretty clear, Queensryche has made themselves viable again. I can't imagine they will ever come close to producing music that can hold up to their god-like levels of the 80's, but they are at least making pretty good music. I am now open again to seeing them live, and would consider purchasing their new disc.

Britt

Yeah.... I don't know their last release with LaTorre. I had simply given up on them and for good reason. They were absolutely awful for I don't know...... decades ? This song is not up to a level I heard from their "classics" but it is MUCH closer than anything else. Maybe they stink at releasing singles now (like Accept does.) I have some hope.

I have been waiting for songs like this since 1995
This one might be the most intense song they have ever written,truy their tradmark classic sound with an element of today's more agressive style of metal

What I like about this one is that is this first time I've felt that proggy flair with the Todd era of the band. I do hope the album is actually full of tracks like this.

One On One With Mitch Lafon - QUEENSRYCHE

http://www.spreaker.com/user/talkingmetal/1on1-mitch-lafon-147-michael-wilton-quee
QUEENSRYCHE guitarist Michael Wilton guests on episode 147 of One On One with Mitch Lafon. Michael discusses their new album Condition Hüman, evolving with each album, Pledge Music, Chris DeGarmo, songwriting on the new album, singer Todd LaTorre, the lawsuit, working on Operation Mindcrime at Le Studio in Quebec, and much more.

Quotes from the interview:

"Personally, I'm not a quitter. I want to take this thing - build it, rebuild it, repair it and keep it going forever because QUEENSRYCHE is like a machine. It's bigger than any one individual."

"Going back in the discography and playing songs from The Warning, The EP and Rage For Order is a blast."

Before changing singers: "We were hopeful optimists that someday it would get better. Things get to a point where no one is thinking the same anymore and that's when change is needed."

I might have to put my hateboots back under the bed...Guardian was pretty good. Though, still for me, if I'm itching for new music that recalls old QR I'll listen to Mindcage.