QUEENSRYCHE arrested for firearms smuggling

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
I didn't see this posted anywhere here but this was posted in the official site, not to mention every other metal forum....

-----------------------------------------------------

:: 06.11.06 :: QUEENSRYCHE ARRESTED AT AMSTERDAM AIRPORT
:: 08:47 ::

Queensryche was arrested today at the Amsterdam airport today for smuggling illegal firearms! Details are a bit sketchy at the moment, but word just came in moments ago from Geoff Tate. More info as it becomes available... stay tuned!

http://www.queensryche.com/news/index.html

Mike Maximus said:
Yeah I saw their show here in Oslo just 3 days ago and yes Geoff was using some kind of gun for the show:)

Hi Mike! I always thought it was to protect themselves from people who bought OM II........ :heh:

J-Dubya - QR fan no further than Empire......

Angrafan said:
Promissed Land is the best Queensryche album!
I only know one guy who agrees with me :erk:
I'll agree that "Promised Land" was better than "Empire". But their best ever? I could see that, if you're more of a Prog fan than a Metal fan. That said, I'd put it squarely behind the EP, and three full lengths that followed it.

Zod

Here is the scoop on what happened. Someone with access to their message board passed it along.

:: 06/11/06 :: Oslo, Norway ::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a day! At the airport in Amsterdam we were all lined up at the ticket counter checking in for the flight to Oslo. The 35 pieces of luggage to check were being lined up and I turned to ADAM, our Tour manager and whispered Remember there's a gun in our bags referring to the replica Glock 45 handgun that we use on stage. In a second of confusion he says to the ticket agent, Oh yeah, not to worry but we have a gun in this suitcase. Before he could explain that it wasn¹t a real gun but a replica, airport Police swarmed in on us and the questioning began. Apparently, unknown to us, any gun, whether real or fake, is highly illegal in Holland. Quick thinking ADAM realized that this was suddenly getting ugly and that we might get detained and miss the flight, thus putting the show in Oslo in jeopardy. He instantly informed them that the bag in question was his. Before I could blink, they arrested him and took him away. He looked back at me and said, Don't worry get on the plane and I'll call you later. As I watched him being led away the ticket agent handed me my boarding pass and said, Have a nice flight. Right. The rest of the entourage boarded the plane and journeyed to Oslo without further incident. Just before show time a very stressed out ADAM burst into our dressing room full of tales from his eventful day. There was no jail time only a fine and oh yeah ? they confiscated the gun. I was in Oslo in January for a press tour and it was snowing and minus 10 below, but today it was sunny and 80 degrees. I love Oslo, it's a very beautiful city and the people are friendly and really love music. The show keeps getting better and the fans that were there, although small in number, were loud and very supportive.

This is a rediculous story! That's what they get for carrying a replica in their suitcase when they practically know you can get arrested for having a knife these days in airports! That's just plain dumb!

Hearing about this stupid incident late night my time on Sunday sure made my life more exciting for a while - I had tickets for the Monday show in Helsinki and the plan was to leave pretty early on Monday morning for the show. Luckily 9am in the morning I saw a mention from the concert promoter that the gig will go on and then left to Helsinki for it.

Damn, they really put on a great show. It's not often I get the chills during about half of the songs on the set - the songs they played off Mindcrime I, naturally. They had been on my top3 "must see" bands list for a long time so it was awesome they finally made it to Finland again (they hadn't been around since like the late 80s) and this incident didn't stop it - the "Queensryche was arrested today" line sure sounded pretty serious to me on Sunday night!

General Zod said:
I'll agree that "Promised Land" was better than "Empire". But their best ever? I could see that, if you're more of a Prog fan than a Metal fan. That said, I'd put it squarely behind the EP, and three full lengths that followed it.

Zod

You could say that... I am right in between, you know? I love both my prog and my metal... But I do listen to a lot of prog bands that would put your average metal fan into a coma... :)