Question about The Olden Domain??

Starwind85

Nov 15, 2003
Long Island, NY
Does that album have a lot of clean vocals like The Archaic Course has? I'm curious of how Garm's singing is... I know that Vintersorg and Vortex have excellent voices already though... just curious about their first singer.

Its mostly switching on and off, like the verse is grim, but the chorus is clean (just an example). But all of my favorite parts of the album have clean singing parts.

Garm actually sings quite well on this disc.

Check out "Grimland domain", excellent vocal harmonies and the melody is awesome. One of my favorite bork songs ever.

Garm's voice has its limits on this album, but I think it's great. I still can't figure out how Garm's range increased so much between La Mas and Sham Mirrors. It got a lot better. Too bad that on this one he has a real low range.
Funny note: I showed my friend "Alone" by Arcturus, and he said the singer sounded like the guy from the B-52's.

Garm is a great singer, check out Ulver's Bergtatt or Kveldssanger! One of the best singers on this world, I fucking love it!!

Clean Vox are often used on Olden Domain and Garm sings really good also on this album, just listen to "The Eye of Oden" or "The WInterway"
Imho two of the best Borkie Tracks ever!

I had to cry some tears because their performance in Wacken was so brilliant!!
I think this happened because of Mr. V's voice singing some of the old Olden Domain songs wich where deep inside my self.

Borknagar have no Bad Albums they just rule!

It' s a little more dramatic then the Arcadic course. I think all the ablums from the arcadic course and up are great. But the Olden domain has less clean vocals, or atleast that is what I think.

Wow, Garm compared to Mike Patton. At first when I read that, I was stunned. But in all actuality, they do share some common ground. Both started in rather archaic metallic music(Mr. Bungle was death metal initially way back in the mid to late '80's with demos like Bowels of Chiley and Raging Wrath of The Easter Bunny). Both have evolved into well-rounded, eclectic vocalists/songwriters. Both have gone further and further into the electrical arena. Garm/Trickster G/Christopher G. Rygg continues to explore electronica and ambience, especially mixed with jazz tonalities and rhythms. And again, Patton has continued to do the same thing with the latest Fantomas, "Delirium Cordia." It is amazing that I haven't seen the parallels before. But if there is one major difference between the two, I would have to say that Patton is a revolutionary in making the vocal cords/mouth/teeth/tongue a more strangely applicable instrument. Both are two invaluable musicians though.