Questions about DVD

jackfromczech

Feb 13, 2002
I returned from NY yesterday and bought there a video collection Return Of The Killer A's on DVD but I don't have any DVD player(...) My questons are:

1) Can I play a DVD bought in US on any DVD player in Europe?

2) Is there any posibility to burn this DVD onto CDr and play it on PC?

Thanx Jan

I'm hardly the expert here, but I would think that no, you couldn't play a US DVD in a Europeon player, they're not compatible...

and you wouldn't be able to burn it to CDR, it wouldn't work, but some computers are capable of playing DVDs....

If you have a DVD-ROM, it is possible to burn it onto a CDR as a video CD to watch it on your computer. As the DVD needs to go onto your hard drive first before you can compress the video, you also need about 6 GB free on your hard drive. The end result on the CDR would be VCR quality picture with CD quality sound.

As for whether you can play it on your DVD player, DVDs and players have four "region codes". Usually North America bought DVDs and players are region 1, and European are region 2.
Some DVDs are not region specific, and some DVD players can also be tinkered with to play all regions, but in general, a US-bought DVD will not play on a European-bought player. Check the back of the DVD case...by the DVD logo you should see a little picture of a planet. If the planet has a number in it, that is what region of player it will play on.

When I bought it I didn't know that there would be problems with playing it here, in Europe. I'll see and let you know later...

my DVD is tinkered!!!!!!you can give it to me my adress is....................Just take it to store try some diff players and I.m sure you find a region free one , we got lots of them in Holland, maybe the one you bought is region free!!
Good luck!!!!

Originally posted by jackfromczech
I returned from NY yesterday and bought there a video collection Return Of The Killer A's on DVD but I don't have any DVD player(...) My questons are:

1) Can I play a DVD bought in US on any DVD player in Europe?

2) Is there any posibility to burn this DVD onto CDr and play it on PC?

Thanx Jan

seen any live shows?????????
when I was ther last yaer I went the Roseland Ballroom to see SZebrahead/Goldfinger/Reel Big Fish /Homegrown!!!
they kicked me out for jumping off the balcony!!!!