Racer X

SyX-Fan

Dec 29, 2002
Denmark
I have been thinking.. And listening.. And wondering.. And.. no, wait that's all..

Well, I have come to the conclusion that this board could use a thread about.. yes, you guessed it.. Dolly Pa.. I mean, Racer X.

So.. People, what is your favourite album? favourite song? Favourite live performance? fastest solo by Gilbert? :D :D

I have their first cd...some wild solos for sure, but I am not a big fan of the singer. As far as Gilbert's solos...I am very partial to Into the Night's leads. I also love YRO. i need to get their other cds...I hear the newer ones are really good as well. Gilbert is an amazing player...even MJR gives him props for his technique, particularly his right hand technique.

Racer X is friggin insane!!! Paul Gilbert and John Alderette make such a great duo! Some of my favorite songs include:
"Scarified"-listen to it and ye shall know why...
"Superheroes"-Insane guitar solos especially the undecipherable ending..
"Technical Difficulties" Great song
"YRO" Yngwie Rip-off....haha....
"BRO" Bach Rip-off..see above lol
"Snakebite"-Insane guitar solos once again...are there any that aren't insane????lol

The only thing that sometimes gets on my nerves is the "eighties vocals" but hell they came from the eighties so I guess that why :)

Cheers

The band has been amazing from the beginning. Although, I believe the singer has improved greatly with his style of writing, and his vocal range has improved greatly. He rocks on Technical Difficulties and Superheroes especially.