RAGE announces end of current line-up

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
CURRENT LINE-UP OF RAGE LAID TO REST

Rage have announced the end of the band's lineup as it has been for the past 15 years.

Guitarist Victor Smolski and bassist and vocalist Peter "Peavy" Wagner have issued the following statement:

“After thinking it over carefully, Peavy and Victor decided to stop working together in the future. This is due to musical and personal changes. We have developed in different directions in the last years, that much, that we cannot identify with the current band situation anymore. In this situation we will also part from drummer Andre Hilgers. The last 15 years were blessed with many highlights and great releases but this era is over now. Every extension would be untrue to ourselves and to our fans. We wish each other all the best! Thanx to all the fans for your trust and support!”

Victor Smolski added: “Dear friends, after 15 fantastic years, 10 records and countless live shows with Rage, I have decided to focus myself on other musical challenges. I really want to thank all Rage fans, who supported me all those years. In the future I will concentrate on the new LMO (LINGUA MORTIS ORCHESTRA) CD. The orchestra project I founded and formed in 2013 will continue with the same lineup, just without Peavy. New musicians, giving this creative band new input, but also a new name will be revealed soon. Composing and producing the last record was so much fun to me and I want to thank everyone who supported me doing this. With all the experience from the shows with LMO, I’m quite sure the new album will be even more exciting. Expect the unexpected!”

So, the impression I get from this announcement is that Peavy wants to get away from the heavy orchestration of the later Rage releases, so Victor is spinning it off into its own thing. It will be interesting to see what kind of lineup Peavy comes up with, tho a good question is, will it still be called Rage?

So, the impression I get from this announcement is that Peavy wants to get away from the heavy orchestration of the later Rage releases, so Victor is spinning it off into its own thing. It will be interesting to see what kind of lineup Peavy comes up with, tho a good question is, will it still be called Rage?

I've been wondering for years how Peavy will be able to replace Victor if he ever leaves (as in, who's he going to get who can play like that, since the Victor material now makes up a pretty significant portion of their catalog), and now I guess we'll find out. Maybe Refuge just becomes Rage now, and they simply ignore the past 22 years of material in concert?

I would assume REFUGE might become more full time? I mean they are playing all kinds of festivals these days. Would love to hear what that line-up comes up with for new material after all these years.

REALLY Happy I/we got to see that lineup at PPUSA w/Victor....Despite people filing out for a signing session..... One of my favorite PPUSA sets ever....

Evergrey. Great band as well, but Rage's set was my favorite of the 13 straight PP's I've been too so far. Unfortunate circumstances, but should never have happened. Oh well, probably the reason Rage fans will most likely never see the band in the States again.

Your post is extremely misleading. That specific session was not planned. Tom announced an impromptu session from the stage during the set and then told everyone come party with us afterwards. It would be no different than an opening band on any given tour night telling the audience they would be at their merch table and to come say hello afterwards.

He even told me he was absolutely shocked at how many people showed up. They became a true ProgPower USA headliner that night.

Evergrey needs to headline another ProgPower soon (hint-hint).
I was guilty of bailing out on Rage also, for no apparent reason other than to go eat before bed.

My bad - I did not intend to mislead anyone. I love both bands and understand that the signing session was unplanned and that Evergrey never intended to pull fans away from Rage's set. I'm sure Tom was as surprised as anyone!

My only complaint (which has absolutely nothing to do with you or anything about your amazing festival) is the forum members who labeled this as the "Rage effect". Obviously, I love the band and waited a long time to see them, so I just want people who were not able to be there know what a great set they played despite the unfortunate situation.

Anyway, still my favorite set in the last 13 years and maybe with Rage's recent line-up change they will be back for PP XVII or XVIII! :)

Your post is extremely misleading. That specific session was not planned. Tom announced an impromptu session from the stage during the set and then told everyone come party with us afterwards. It would be no different than an opening band on any given tour night telling the audience they would be at their merch table and to come say hello afterwards.

He even told me he was absolutely shocked at how many people showed up. They became a true ProgPower USA headliner that night.

Yep, that's how I remember it. That was the only band I didn't watch that weekend and a few years later they ended up being one of my all time favorites. Finally got to make up for it on 70K tons, but it'd be killer if you could get Refuge to play!!!

ALMANAC – FORMER RAGE GUITARIST VICTOR SMOLSKI REVEALS NEW BAND

“Almanac is the continuation of the concept, which I started back in 2013 with LMO,” says the guitar player and adds: “The well-known faces of LMO stay the same: both female singers Jeannette Marchewka and Dana Harnge, as well as the Orquestra Barcelona Filharmonia. On top of that I am proud to announce that we also have two outstanding male singers joining us: Andy B. Franck (Brainstorm) and David Readman (Pink Cream 69)! All of them offer me the possibility to add more variety and a new musical dimension to the new tracks’ arrangements.”

At a later point, Victor Smolski will announce the bass player and drummer of Almanac – but their baptism of fire is close: “I will present the whole new band on our first live appearance on the Musikmesse Frankfurt,” reveals the guitar wizard. Almanac will perform on April 16th at 17.30 CET on the Agora Stage.

I'd like to see Rage back at Prog Power again some time .. I thought they were awesome, and it's too bad so many bailed. Smolski was friggin' incredible ... right up there with the best guitarists ever to perform at Prog Power. It's too bad that he will no longer be a part of the band.

Britt

As slim as the attendance was to see Rage live, I wonder if they all went to see Evergrey, unless the foyer had a severe bottleneck. That and so many attendees since then telling me they were just too exhausted and had to bail on Rage. And those folks have of course kicked themselves in the rear since then. Two great bands though, Evergrey always a good set, and Rage always some new interesting direction. Loved the original Lingua Mortis Orchestra era Rage trilogy several years back. Loved the earlier thrash stuff, and all of it really. Rage, While Heaven Wept, Adagio... probably my favorites thru the years. At least til I remember some others.