Recommended new bands.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Helker (basically Primal Fear with a singer who sounds more like Dio)

Trail of Murder (Feat. Urban Breed. They're basically a continuation of Bloodbound's Tabula Rasa sound)

Nergard (Avantasia style project, but hard rock. Featuring Tony Mills and Ralf Scheepers and one of the old Yngwie singers [Boals I think?])

Perpetuate (Local virtuoso musicians with an insane female singer. Check out their song Defy You or Above and Beyond).

Monument (White Wizzard 2.0. Same production too. Total 80s Maiden worship).

Taking Dawn (Modern rock infused with Maiden influence. Great guitar playing. Try the song Take Me Away).

Final Stage (Shameless promotion).

New Blood Ceremony album is good. Strong 70's doom/psych vibe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trail of Murder (Feat. Urban Breed. They're basically a continuation of Bloodbound's Tabula Rasa sound)

Monument (White Wizzard 2.0. Same production too. Total 80s Maiden worship).

I forgot TOM indeed. I liked Monument EP debut, but pissed me off they didn't have enough CDs in existence and tried to make me buy digital!

Reason I didn't mentioned FS is because the band is not that newer :D, but yest it should be there too.

some new bands but made up of old musicians:

the winery dogs- richie kotzen, billy sheehan and mike portnoy

the rides- stephen stills and kenny wayne shepherd

I Like GRAVEYARD but, in my opinion, they´re totally overrated. Here in Madrid, Spain, their recent concert was sold out in a few weeks. Changed to a bigger venue and sold out again. Gig was OK but nothing special. I prefer, by far, ORCHID, WITCHCRAFT, MOONLESS, etc.

Some new bands more:

PURSON: In the retro-seventies hype but with a woman on front. Not as heavy as Graveyard or Orchid, but an amazing album "The circle and the blue door"

CALADAN BROOD: Maybe not exactly the kind of band for this forum but check them out. Worshippers from mighty SUMMONING, debut from this band is, for me, tne best album fromo 2013 until now:

A SOUND OF THUNDER: Not the best band in the world but they´re quite catchy with a mix of old and new school of heavy metal. Besides, a funny video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ddI2eof3hc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

STEELHORSE: If you like classic heavy metal, that´s your stuff. An excellent band from Madrid. They´ve released a couple of albums, both amazing. In my opinion, far better than most of acclaimed Swedish new bands in the same vein

OKER: Obviously you got to be into Spanish 80´s metal to understand how good OKER got those old sounds. The new SANTA or a version of PANZER (Spain) with female vocals.

A SOUND OF THUNDER: Not the best band in the world but they´re quite catchy with a mix of old and new school of heavy metal. Besides, a funny video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ddI2eof3hc&feature=player_embedded

Marco, ASOT is great I just received their new album "Time's Arrow". I bought the back catalog straight from the band. Love them indeed (did you know Nina`s heritage is from Spain?)

Also check Witchtower (https://www.facebook.com/witchtowerESP). A nice surprise (to me) from Spain.

Gonna check you other recommendations later.

Agree on the ToM. It DOES have the modern powermetal backing vocal style (which is one of the few aspects I do like about newer powermetal, but it still has the oldschool vibe. When it comes to Urban Breed stuff, though........ the Undead, Matters of the Dark and Modus Vivendi releases of Tad Morose are still my favorites. It would be hard to call it "newer" as the last of those, Modus Vivendi was released in early 2004, but I would put that trio of releases against just about anything. All three of those ripped my head off. Outstanding oldschool metal, but with the rich new style harmony vocals. I still listen to that stuff quite a bit.
As far as Final Stage........ will have to check you out brother !!

Bryant

OKER: Obviously you got to be into Spanish 80´s metal to understand how good OKER got those old sounds. The new SANTA or a version of PANZER (Spain) with female vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJFRvZk26Nw

Actually I like her vocals better than Azucena. Going to check more upon this band.

Do you like Piel de Serpiente?

P.S. A veces me pregunto porque nos comunicamos en inglés aunque sea en este foro :lol:

Actually I like her vocals better than Azucena. Going to check more upon this band.

Do you like Piel de Serpiente?

P.S. A veces me pregunto porque nos comunicamos en inglés aunque sea en este foro :lol:

Yeah, of course. Xina sings far better than Azucena. The late Santa singer didn´t hace control with her voice but she was a true character. When she quited Santa and entered the Argentinian Leonor Marchise, it never was the same in spite of Leonor knew how to sing.

About Piel De Serpiente. First time I listened to them was in an outdoor concert on a village and didn´t like at all. However, they´re very, very good on studio. I didn´t hear about Witchtower before. They´re quite new but not quite young :lol:

I´d little to recommend an spanish new band that sings in english (and in good english!!!). It´s called JOSE RUBIO´S NOVA ERA. The name is awful (Yngwie Malmsteem´s Rising Force :rolleyes:) but the music and specially singer are excellent

PS: Sí, pero así practico y escribo en inglés, que si no, buff.