Record combination

Sputnik

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
This day I couldnt hold it anymore...I needed more records ;)
So Ive decided to try Katatonia, which I just wanted to give a chance. I also bought a classic Dio album (Holy Diver) which is as I said a classical one.

When I walked to the counter the person who took my records looked on the records and then said translated from swedish.

- This was a really strange combination...One of the best albums ever made and a...how could I say it? less good album. You have to guess for yourself which is the lesser good one.

There was no doubt that he considered the Dio album as better.
Which I also understand :)
So then I said...

- Yeah Im not so positive to Katatonias singer...But I will give them or he a chance.

- Yeah thats right!
he said.

It shows Im not the only one questioning their singer...
Is it official known that their singer isnt....the all great one?

I bought "Tonights Descision" and decided to give Katatonia a chance. I really like their music but has some problems with their singer. But if I listen more to them maybe I will just let it go and think he is an OK singer...

This short dialogue will not help me accept him.........

Katatonia was better when Mikael did the guest vocals.

It'd also be pretty good if peter Linden played the guitars.

Actially, Katatonia would be pretty cool if the Martin brothers payed in the bad as well.

Then Katatonia Should change their name to Opeth.

And then Opeth should release albums twice as often.

:lol:

I went into the city one time, and got:

• Blur (self-titled)
  • Marylin Manson - Holy Wood
  • Kyser (self-titled EP)
  • a Beethoven vynil (Where the fuck is it now?!)
  • ACDC - Back in Black, Let There be Rock and High Voltage cd's/vynils
  • Cradle of Filth - Midian
  • Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot

And I was wearing a Slipknot t-shirt ;)

The clerk or whatever just looked at me wierd.

I really cant stand Jonas voice! though I like their image and music.
I may have said this before but I think he sounds like a mix of Tomas Di Leva and David Hasselhoff. (Di Leva is a swedish alien)

Have you ever listened to "In death, a song" ?
He sings like if hes not hearing the music, it sounds really wrong and its just plain false sometimes. I have no idea how the Katatonia band want him to continue beacause I think he is the reason many dont like them. Maybe beacause he started the band or something, so they cant kick the guy out.

I personally think he is the worst singer I have heard all time in a band who is signed...

I really cant stand Jonas voice! though I like their image and music.
I may have said this before but I think he sounds like a mix of Tomas Di Leva and David Hasselhoff. (Di Leva is a swedish alien)

Have you ever listened to "In death, a song" ?
He sings like if hes not hearing the music, it sounds really wrong and its just plain false sometimes. I have no idea how the Katatonia band want him to continue beacause I think he is the reason many dont like them. Maybe beacause he started the band or something, so they cant kick the guy out.

I personally think he is the worst singer I have heard all time in a band who is signed...

Ill have it if you dont want it m8.....:D
I went into the city one time, and got:

Blur (self-titled)

Marylin Manson - Holy Wood

Kyser (self-titled EP)

a Beethoven vynil (Where the fuck is it now?!)

ACDC - Back in Black, Let There be Rock and High Voltage cd's/vynils

Cradle of Filth - Midian

Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot

And I was wearing a Slipknot t-shirt

The clerk or whatever just looked at me wierd.

well, i like two of the albums you bought, but i h8 CPD, AkkaDakka, and Marilyn Manson <--SCARY FREEK:lol:

well just about 2 weeks ago i ordered

BLues Saraceno - Best Of
Strapping Young Lad - City
Extol - Burial
Lengsel - Solace
Haji's Kitchen - Sucker Punch
Bumblefoot - 9.11
Green Carnation - Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness

ok not SO strange but the Blues Saraceno and Haji's Kitchen and Bumblefoot seem a bit out of place.

Originally posted by Sputnik
This day I couldnt hold it anymore...I needed more records ;)
So Ive decided to try Katatonia, which I just wanted to give a chance. I also bought a classic Dio album (Holy Diver) which is as I said a classical one.

When I walked to the counter the person who took my records looked on the records and then said translated from swedish.

- This was a really strange combination...One of the best albums ever made and a...how could I say it? less good album. You have to guess for yourself which is the lesser good one.

There was no doubt that he considered the Dio album as better.
Which I also understand :)
So then I said...

- Yeah Im not so positive to Katatonias singer...But I will give them or he a chance.

- Yeah thats right!
he said.

It shows Im not the only one questioning their singer...
Is it official known that their singer isnt....the all great one?

I bought "Tonights Descision" and decided to give Katatonia a chance. I really like their music but has some problems with their singer. But if I listen more to them maybe I will just let it go and think he is an OK singer...

This short dialogue will not help me accept him.........

jonas isn't a bad singer....he sings in tune, he doesn't sound like anyone else and he suits the bands sound...people think he's a bad signer because his voice doesn't appeal to them...the same reason why some ppl don't like death vocals or clean vocals

Jonas' voice has many similarities to the death metal voices for me. Not in sound, but in the way i hated it at first, and then came to realise how perfectly it achieves what it sets out to achieve.

He isnt the best singer in the world, but i love his voice and it very much adds to the whole atmosphere and emotion that is katatonia, they would not be anywhere near the same without him. As always its something you cant understand if you dont love it.

His voice took me quite a while to appreciate, but he does what he does well. And they dont want to kick the guy out because he sums up perfectly what the band is about (from what i can see), if you dont like it then that's fine and dandy, but that doesnt mean he's a bad singer because many many people will tell you how his voice and vocal lines create emotions in them like no other band does. Im one of those people.

I just cant understand how some people could like him, even critics is sometimes skeptic to his voice...

I must say I really like Brave Murder Day though with Mikael as vocalist...However there is the simplest drumming Ive ever heard on that album. Guess who the drummer is? Jonas...

I just cant understand how some people could like him, even critics is sometimes skeptic to his voice...
Who cares about critics? He doesnt have a voice that will appeal to everyone, and he has his faults, but the fact is many people do like his voice and recognise its uniqueness so i guess in this particular case you are just unlucky, rather like how i cant get into Death's vocals at the moment, i feel very unlucky because i love the music... it will only take a bit of time for me though.

Originally posted by YaYoGakk

He isnt the best singer in the world, but i love his voice and it very much adds to the whole atmosphere and emotion that is katatonia, they would not be anywhere near the same without him. As always its something you cant understand if you dont love it.

His voice took me quite a while to appreciate, but he does what he does well. And they dont want to kick the guy out because he sums up perfectly what the band is about (from what i can see), if you dont like it then that's fine and dandy, but that doesnt mean he's a bad singer because many many people will tell you how his voice and vocal lines create emotions in them like no other band does. Im one of those people.

Me too.