record store(s) in Fort Laud., Fla.

saskthunder

frozen solid (brrrr!)
Aug 4, 2010
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Hey everyone-

Just wondering if there are any decent record stores in Fort Lauderdale worth checking out- going on a cruise this weekend & have a day to kill- preferably someplace that deals w/imports (Japanese?), off-the-beaten-track stuff, etc.

anyhoo, thanks for your help!

There is a shop in Pompano (a few miles north of Fort Lauderdale) on Atlantic Blvd right by the inter coastal.

2767 East Atlantic Boulevard
Pompano Beach, FL 33062
(954) 783-5004

They have a nice prog/ metal selection. They also have vinyl..

Further north on University there is a good store, CD Heaven... They used to be a GREAT used CD store.. They are kinda mediocre now.. :( Last time I went there they said business was hard... Nobody was trading in good CDs anymore...

Specs is still good... I bought a few CDs there right before Christmas.. Great selection of rock in general... I got myself a few Marillion CDs... hahah

I didn't know you lived in South Florida before... ah I just moved from the area, after living there for 11 years..

thanks everyone.....Cruising on Carnival Freedom, ft.Laud/Key West/Grand Cayman/Jamaica/ft. Laud........really looking forward to it, we're having another cold snap here (-35c this am/-47c with the wind chill- ugh!)- would have done 70,000 tons, but kinda wanted to see how the first one went, reports seem pretty positive, so considering it for next year..........:Spin:

thanks everyone.....Cruising on Carnival Freedom, ft.Laud/Key West/Grand Cayman/Jamaica/ft. Laud........really looking forward to it, we're having another cold snap here (-35c this am/-47c with the wind chill- ugh!)- would have done 70,000 tons, but kinda wanted to see how the first one went, reports seem pretty positive, so considering it for next year..........:Spin:

I just got back from that cruise. You'll have a good time, I'm sure.
If you do nothing else, when you get to Jamaica make sure you climb Dunn's River Falls.