"Recording devices"

Megawozniak

Alex from Canada
Sep 3, 2003
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been done. I was planning on taking my only camera, which happens to have some half-assed video recording mode. I was just reading on the main page how no recording devices will be allowed, and how you could be kicked out for the weekend. I don't want any trouble, but can I really not bring my camera? This probably applies to a lot of people, since I saw a lot of people with high end cameras last year as well.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, my new digital camera does video too, but honestly it's shitty quality and takes up too much space on my SD card to make it worth while. I'd like to know in advance if I shouldn't bring it... I may just bring my regular Nikon 35mm with the big ass zoom lens anyways... I just would prefer not to pay to develop all the film.

Very true, plus I'm sure the Nikon will take better pictures and I won't have to be smashed in the sweatpit to get decent shots.

In the past, Glenn has stated that he is aware that most digi camera's have a 30 second, or so, video feature. He is talking about full on taping/recording devices. You walk in with your video camera and you'd have a problem.

Petethedrummer said:
in my experience, no one cares if there's some dinky little video feature on it, i've been fine bringing mine to concerts where no video taping is allowed

If your every in Hollywood and go to The Whiskey don't bother bringing a digital camera that has video capability....they tried to charge me a "location" fee or put the camera back in my vehicle. I choose to put it back in my vehilce rather than give them money. Stupid too cause it was all local bands. Oh well.

metalmaiden said:
If your every in Hollywood and go to The Whiskey don't bother bringing a digital camera that has video capability....they tried to charge me a "location" fee or put the camera back in my vehicle. I choose to put it back in my vehilce rather than give them money. Stupid too cause it was all local bands. Oh well.

I loved the Whiskey when I was there. Do you ever see The Last Dance or Carbon 9?

I miss seeing those bands! I loved seeing them when I was out there!

-MetalRose

(Sorry a little random!)

MetalRose said:
I loved the Whiskey when I was there. Do you ever see The Last Dance or Carbon 9?

I miss seeing those bands! I loved seeing them when I was out there!

-MetalRose

(Sorry a little random!)

It's ok going there. I use to go there more in the late 80's when I lived closer. I've seen Carbon 9 before. Little hard for me to always get up to LA since it's 2 hours each way. Never heard of The Last Dance.

MetalRose, I saw TLD at Bar Sinister in L.A. back in February (they happened to play a show while I was visiting for an Oscars party). I'd think they'd be better off playing a place like Bar Sinister than the Whiskey, and it was indeed an excellent show -- and a sellout. I have some pics from that show posted on my site -- but my digital camera doesn't have any video recording mode. I'm lucky it still takes pictures. :)