Redemption - S/T

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
All I have to say about this disc is that any other band that is going to release a CD this year needs to work very hard. So far, this is my top disc of 2003. This is a progressive band, but it's still fairly heavy with a great crunchy guitar sound in the forefront. There have been mixed reviews with the vocals (Rick Mythiasin known best from Steel Prophet) but I think he did a fantastic job. Jason Rullo from SX handled the drums and Micheal Romeo added some orchestral stuff at the beginning and end of the "Desperation Suite." Bernie Versaiilles (Fates Warning) helped with the guitar and Ray Alder of FW also sang on a song. It's an all-star lineup, but it's Nick van Dyk who is the brainchild of the band and he handled the songwriting, most of the guitar and the bass.
Every song on this CD is well written and only the last song "Something Wicked This Way Comes" seems to drag a bit as is common with progressive bands. I give this CD six out of five stars. I'm so picky, I talk about 80's bands on this forum because I don't have enough modern favorite bands to keep talking about, but these guys are a fantastic band.

Bryant

Cyclopssss said:
One of my favourite cd's at the moment, very good. They're playing progpower usa, by the way, with a guest appearance by Ray Alder! I'd be there if I could....

Woo-hoo !! a reply !! >:p~ I don't mean to rub it in, but I'll drink a beer for you at PP4.0. o_O

I am totally digging this CD and I am curious to see how Corey handles the vocals on this one live.

Bryant