Relatively new Sir. Russell Allen interview

hmm, cool, thanks!

Russell Allen: "Well, the new album is definitely... it's very riff driven, more so than anything we have ever done. So it's going to be kind of like The Odyssey on steroids. It's got a darker vibe than The Odyssey. The symphonic department is more of... Stravinsky and Wagner and Holtz, you know what I mean? In that vein, we're not... totally not doing any neo-classical stuff. We have that probably in a few songs, you know. We were trying to mix it up and just always keep the elements from our past, but always we're always try to do it to new ground, you know? New territory, new places we haven't been before."

That actually doesn't sound great for me :(

wow, that interview rocked! Russ sounds hilarious-talkin' at times,you know...

RA: For all of us, we are, like,... today it's like dodaladodaladododo. It's like a bluesy Jon Lord [thing] is happening, you know. It's like, that's it man, doesn't that feel great? It's like so it's cool, you know; it's like a lot of friends and just... you know, hanging out. We tracked in the summer, so it was a great vibe and... you know, good times, good experience...
:lol:

Stravinsky, Wagner and Holst

Well that are good classical composers but I wonder why they
call them "new influences"?

I don't think that SymX would ever make an Evergrey-type album. People, to me, seem to be taking the description of the new album differently than SymX are intending. I don't think that they are going to get simpler. I have a feeling that this album is going to blow us away. :)

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ said:
I don't think that SymX would ever make an Evergrey-type album. People, to me, seem to be taking the description of the new album differently than SymX are intending. I don't think that they are going to get simpler. I have a feeling that this album is going to blow us away. :)

I agree 100%. I have a feeling this will definitely take Sym X to the next level of awesomeness. :headbang:

read the interview... while its interesting, i can't say russel is much of a speak as much as he is a singer! hehe