RHAPSODY changes name of band

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Due to copyright and trademark issues, the band formerly known as RHAPSODY has changed its name to RHAPSODY OF FIRE. The band members consider this a great new start, reflecting the emboldened and increasingly grandiose direction that their music has taken. "The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before," says guitarist/songwriter Luca Turilli. Keyboardist/songwriter Alex Staropoli adds, "The name RHAPSODY OF FIRE better represents the energy that has always been present in this band and its music."

With a new record company in Magic Circle Music, a new tour planned and a new album on the way, RHAPSODY OF FIRE will continue to explore musical fantasy worlds with the precision musicianship and unique symphonic concepts that their fans have come to expect and adore. Fresh on the heels of the band's first live album release, "Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret", a new name and renewed vigor ensure that RHAPSODY OF FIRE still hold the passion and power that have always been associated with their music.

Pyramaze51 said:
Due to copyright and trademark issues, the band formerly known as RHAPSODY has changed its name to RHAPSODY OF FIRE. The band members consider this a great new start, reflecting the emboldened and increasingly grandiose direction that their music has taken. "The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before," says guitarist/songwriter Luca Turilli. Keyboardist/songwriter Alex Staropoli adds, "The name RHAPSODY OF FIRE better represents the energy that has always been present in this band and its music."

With a new record company in Magic Circle Music, a new tour planned and a new album on the way, RHAPSODY OF FIRE will continue to explore musical fantasy worlds with the precision musicianship and unique symphonic concepts that their fans have come to expect and adore. Fresh on the heels of the band's first live album release, "Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret", a new name and renewed vigor ensure that RHAPSODY OF FIRE still hold the passion and power that have always been associated with their music.

This is a pain in the ass in the sense that it throws a wrench into the cataloging of my music collection, but overall, it's hardly matters.

Oh how annoying! Do I now have to catalog Rhapsody of Fire right before Ring of Fire? Let those prepositional phrases die!!

Hasn't Rhapsody the band been around longer than Rhapsody the listen to streaming music program? I prefer the "first come first serve" method.
Fuck real and their crappy programs. I avoid them at all costs but some sites insist on using rm files types :(

Would it not been better to just change the name to Rhapsodi...I mean you have Infinity, the speaker and Infiniti the car.....R of F is just a dumbass name.

Things that "Rhapsody of Fire" brings to mind:

A shitty RPG game
A really bad Tabletop D&D clone
A power metal fan's term for a bad case of a STD
A misheard lyric from "Inferno" by Symphony X
An overly expensive drink as some upscale club in NY

and finally...

The results of eating at the really bad Mexican restaurant downtown.

Needless to say, I still love my Rhapsody..even with the horrible add to their name.

Jibrille said:
Hasn't Rhapsody the band been around longer than Rhapsody the listen to streaming music program?
Anyone knows for sure if this is the "trademark issue" behind the name change?

Jibrille said:
Fuck real and their crappy programs.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

They shoulda changed the name to Rhapsody IT. "IT," since they're from Italy, plus the added bonus where the "IT" part could still confuse people thinking of the Rhapsody program and Information Technology. :heh: