Rhapsody Of Fire: A new era of film score metal has arrived............or has it?

LOL Selppinevoli!

Anyway, Fabio does not like the new name of the band. I'm sure Luca thought it was so cool, just like he thought it was so cool to use Jay Lansford on the narrations for the albums before Symphony II. :lol:

Empress said:
LOL Selppinevoli!

Anyway, Fabio does not like the new name of the band. I'm sure Luca thought it was so cool, just like he thought it was so cool to use Jay Lansford on the narrations for the albums before Symphony II. :lol:

Why doesn't Fabio fight back, perhaps with one of those swords he uses ever-so swiftly?

So this thread seems to be pretty much dead, but I waited for the US release to pick this album up so I've just been hearing it this week. So although I may be late I have say that at first I thought eh it's rhapsody I've heard this, but my god "The mystic prophecy of the demonknight" is amazing. The more harsh parts, the narration, and dialogue alone make this album worth it. Alright, I feel better now that I've thrown my two cents in...

I've noticed that towards the middle of the album it's a little slower than most previous releases, but Mystic Prophecy of the Demonknight is definately the highlight. Black Geometry ist krieg.

Not into it at all. My gf gave it a pass as well. I also did not like the promo Luca album I got either, Infinite Wonders Of Creation. Sucked, because I love his other solo albums. I like Rhapsody as well, but just don't enjoy this release like I have others.

I've had some serious Ebay buying strikeouts this year. I think I'm putting new discs on hold till I hear them first.

I went into this album with the feeling that I'm listening to one of my most anticipated albums for this year. This album came from out of nowhere and had the potential to be their greatest achievment to date. Triumph or Agony I ask?

I vote for Agony. :( :(. I was very dissapointed. Granted I have yet to experience the album in a sit down enjoyable fashion, I did hear it in its entirety, and had a feeling I knew what I was getting into from the 2nd track. The album is VERY orchestral. Not a bad thing at all, but it overbears the band. Its as if the metal follows the classical, instead of the other way around. That can also be fine, but its slower paced and it already doomed itself in my eyes so early into the album I couldn't appreciate the better, stronger later tracks. Also hearing alot of the same songs and parts of stories incorporated made it seem rehashed too. I was just expecting so much more, considering what it was following up to. Symphony Pt II kicked my ass within the first 30 seconds of Unholy Warcry, this new album never even came close. At times I thought we had put on a Disney soundtrack :(. I'm starting to get tired of this trend of huge buildups and anticipations to be crashed with lackluster albums.

I agree with you, BlackenedDawn, believe it or not...
The more I listen to it, although, I do like the album, a lot of what you say is 100% the truth.

I have to say that the more I listen to it the more I like it. I still wish they would have taken a small risk and tried something new.

I think its their best album in a while. They did take some risks. This album has more song variety than in the past. Also, they don't stay in the high range of notes as much in the past, instead they are often in the lower registers.

As for too much 'classical'. Perhaps for some. I enjoyed it. Only thing that bothered me was that a couple of the songs near the end of the album had way too familiar melodies with some of their older stuff.

One last note. Is Luca even caring about the guitar anymore? Seems that most of the non-riff guitar work (i.e. leads, and classical guitar), were done by guest guitarists.