RHAPSODY OF FIRE - The Cold Embrace Of Fear – A Dark Romantic Symphony

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Rhapsody+Of+Fire+-+The+Cold+Embrace+Of+Fear+%28Front+Cover%29+by+Eneas.jpg

"RHAPSODY OF FIRE are going to release an epic monument called: "The Cold Embrace Of Fear – A Dark Romantic Symphony". For this special CD they composed a unique song of around 35 minutes divided in 7 acts. Looking at the title you can easily imagine that such long and epic song will show the most cinematic and orchestral side of the band."

I didn't know about this. What's this then? It seems to be another Rhapsody album of sorts. Luca must be making up for all those years eh. Whlist there's still water in the well he'll milk it before he runs it dry. Some would say it ran dry years ago with Rhapsody anyway! :)

Still this seems intriguiing. A 35 minute song in 7 parts. I was very impressed with the level of actual metal in the comeback and it looks like this might be going slightly back again with less metal and more symphony. I just wish he would release that solo album he's been promising for years. The one where he said it was the real and true successor to the Keeper albums with Olaf Hayer doing the best Kiske impression of all time. Nevermind all the symphony shit now Luca, hurry up with this Keeper album that you've been promising us for years!

I am really looking forward to this. Rhapsody's new album was a hell of a comeback, a really pleasant surprise and it's on my top of the year list. This one sounds just as promising. Can't wait.

An epic new song! And I mean EPIC at nearly 15 minutes! What a song. Slow build leading to surprising heavy riffing as opposed to widdling and then more regular classical Rhapsody with a mighty and huge choirs. Later on the song gets heavier still and quite un-Rhapsody like with Fabio using more aggressive vocals well not so unlike Dawn of Victory before going through valleys and mountain highs as your regular Rhapsody song does. Either way this composition is one of Luca and Alex's most ambitious and overblown yet. You fans of the epic are going to love this little album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't listen to the youtube clip, but felt just by reading about it that this record will be the first Rhapsody of fire album I will buy, so I ordered it. I started listening to them back in 1997 so for me Rhapsody of Fire is Rhapsody and the last Rhapsody album I bought was back in 2001 or 2002. So it has been a while, I hope it worth it :popcorn:

Didn't listen to the youtube clip, but felt just by reading about it that this record will be the first Rhapsody of fire album I will buy, so I ordered it. I started listening to them back in 1997 so for me Rhapsody of Fire is Rhapsody and the last Rhapsody album I bought was back in 2001 or 2002. So it has been a while, I hope it worth it :popcorn:

Make sure to get the one they released earlier this year too. The Frozen Tears of Angels is one of their strongest full length albums in their career.

Fabio Lione makes my lady parts happy. If I were capable of a boner, he would give me one. I love everything he does. EVERYTHING.

Make sure to get the one they released earlier this year too. The Frozen Tears of Angels is one of their strongest full length albums in their career.

I was just about to comment on his post. :lol: You beat me to it. Definitely a fantastic year for Rhapsody. I should get this second release though. Didn't know it was released yet.