Riot - Unleash The Fire

New ablum is really good...some of it really sounds like something from Fire Down Under era. Kinda like all the eras thrown together. Todd sounds a lot like Guy its crazy

I do miss Tony Moore but he's gone for good i think. Todd seems like a cool guy and sounds like a good fit.

That's interesting about the new singer sounding Guy. All of the band's singers have been distinct from each other. Hope my copy arrives this week.

One of the best and most underrated bands on the planet in my opinion. The new album is yet another great Riot record, no question about it. Hard to say exactly how it stacks up against the rest of the discography, but it's certainly pure Riot, no question about it. Todd's voice is great and I think he perfectly marries the styles of almost all previous vocalists - most specifically Tony and Guy, depending on the song's style.

So, just curious....is there anybody left from the original band, or at least from the Narita/Fire Down Under era?

none. Donnie and Mike are the oldest guys in the band from the Thundersteel era. They are hands down an amazing band live and been looking forward to this album since hearing songs from it live at Ragnarokkr this past year.

New album is excellent and is really true in style with previous Riot albums. You have Immortal Soul/Thundersteel-like songs, but also some that sound more like the older 80s stuff. I think Mark Reale would be proud.

Todd Michael Hall sings higher with Riot V than he did with Jack Starr's Burning Starr but is excellent all over, sometimes sounding like Tony Moore, sometimes not. Highly recommended to traditional melodic heavy/power metal fans.

Cool, this one is high on the list, looked for it at the vendor's but was told it would not be out
for a few more weeks, highly anticipated!

Wrote a review today:

RIOT - “Unleash The Fire” (2014)

I am happy to report the legend that is Riot proudly continues with its fifth version in 2014! After the passing of founder Mark Reale, the spirit of the band has been kept alive and the reins have been passed to the next generation. The fact that this band still exists is a miracle. It is a testament to the drive and determination to keep the music going. In much the same way Mark Reale took Mike Flyntz under his wing, Mike now leads Riot to the future with protegé Nick Lee on second guitar, Don Van Stavern returns on bass, Frank Gilchriest returns on drums (Frank played on ‘Army of One’) and new singer Todd Michael Hall. This is one of the best lineups the band has ever had.

Pretty much every song on ‘Unleash The Fire’ shines with power, precision and glorious harmonies. There isn’t a bad song on this entire album, and the production is perfect. There are references to nearly every era of the band to be heard on this album (“Return of the Outlaw” “Metal Warrior” etc.) and there are two tributes to Mark Reale: “Immortal” and “Until We Meet Again” which are both excellent. This album is everything I hoped it would be and more. They have done Mark Reale proud. It will compete for album of the year for me. I can’t stop listening to it.

And Johnny the seal returns to the album cover!

I love this album and will buy it as soon as I can. The whole thing seems like a tribute to the Riot of old, but it is very well done not like, say, Manowar who have sunk into a pit of self-worship.