RIP Marcel Jacob

I am floored :cry:

I had no idea what he was going through. His work with Yngwie and Talisman/Humanimal will never be forgotten. He was a phenomenal Bass player and songwriter. This has been one hell of a year so far :ill:

R.I.P. Marcel

Sad news...I would often buy a cd that was unknown to me if I found out Marcel Jacob was involved (the first Edge of Forever, for example). His work always had a level of quality that really was impressive. Talismans "Humanimal" will forever be one of my all-time favorite cds. He was a talent that deserved more exposure, much like Jeff Scott Soto. I'll greatly miss this songwriting team, and Marcels awesome bass skills. RIP

Damn, everyone is leaving the world this year. Very sorry to hear this, Marcel was a fantastic bass player/songwriter. Going to have to pull out some Yngwie, John Norum and Talisman in tribute. R.I.P.

WOW!!!!!

This one really hits hard... Growing up in Sweden and getting my "metal education" over there in the eighties, Marcel was somewhat of a household name. Not only did he work with Talisman and Yngwie, but also played with one of my favorite fusion artists, Åke Eriksson, for a while. He was also involved with both Europe and Treat in the early Swedish metal scene.

I did know he had constant money problems from getting ripped off by sucky management all the time, but this wasn't expected. Wasn't aware of any health problems.

R.I.P Marcel

Just found out Marcel Jacob passed away. Apparantly he's had personal and health issues, & took his own life. F'n sad. Awesome musician. Loved the early YJM stuff as well as everything he did with Talisman & Human Clay.
RIP Marcel.....:(:erk:

http://jeffscottsoto.com/news/marcel/marcel.html

Yeah I found out through the Hammerfall MySpace site. Very good player indeed, may he rest in peace.

It is my imagination or an unusual amount of musicians are dying lately? :ill:

Marcel Jacob tribute
Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Here is the compilation tribute video I did for Marcel Jacob, original bassist for Yngwie Malmsteen and longtime bassist, songwriter and co-founder of Talisman, along side of Jeff Scott Soto.

He was a great inspiration to my bass playing as I was a Talisman fan and having to play Talisman songs when touring with Jeff, I really had to study his style and technique.

I met Marcel once on tour with Jeff in Italy around 2002 to discuss the Talisman DVD that I was to compile. We corresponded for the next year until the dual DVD was done. I have 52 DV tapes of Talisman concerts and backstage footage. This tribute video is the best of all the footage I have.

Also since I am Jeff's #1 video guy, I'm currently in the process of editing three music videos for his new music project called W.E.T. Marcel was filmed in the videos. I have the last video footage of him.

He took his own life just one week before he and Jeff were to start on the eighth Talisman CD.

The video I compiled is my, and everyone that was close to him, tribute to him.

See www.jeffscottsoto.com for Jeff's personal tribute.

A worldwide launch of the tribute videos happened today on all of Jeff’s related websites, youtube, myspace, vimeo, facebook and all rock webzines.

He will be missed.
Gary Schutt

Last edited by a moderator: