RIVERSIDE INTERVIEW: What Would YOU Like To Know?

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Good Morning!

I'm working to secure an interview with Mariusz Duda, vocalist and bassist with Riverside. I hope to have a day/time nailed down within the next week.

As always, I have my list of Qs. But if there's something you'd like to know about Riverside, feel free to chime in.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Bill

Is there any concern that they might be considered not heavy enough for this festival? Should we expect most of their heaviest material at this appearance, or can we expect a decent sampling of their whole sound?

Also, does the "depression/anxiety" based lyrics come from personal experience from someone in the band? If so, is the battle continuing?

Have they ever considered adding a second guitarist for their live shows? I saw some internet live clips, and it seems they lose the crunch of the albums a bit because the guitar player does so many cool melody lines.

Thanks for this opportunity. This is the band I am most looking forward to seeing this year!

Is there any concern that they might be considered not heavy enough for this festival? Should we expect most of their heaviest material at this appearance, or can we expect a decent sampling of their whole sound?

Also, does the "depression/anxiety" based lyrics come from personal experience from someone in the band? If so, is the battle continuing?

Have they ever considered adding a second guitarist for their live shows? I saw some internet live clips, and it seems they lose the crunch of the albums a bit because the guitar player does so many cool melody lines.

Thanks for this opportunity. This is the band I am most looking forward to seeing this year!

Those are great questions! Well written. Well thought out. Thanks!

If you think of any more, feel free to post them.

Bill

Any plans to release the NEARfest performance as part (or whole) of a future DVD... and what their dvd plans are, if any (I know their set came out great, and there had been talk of this)?
:)

Suppose I should have hit their webpage before asking..

"We'd like to invite you to a few concerts in May which will hopefully warm you up before one of our most important gig on May 17th in Łódź we're going to make our first official DVD summarizing the "Reality Dream" trilogy"

The question about the NEARfest footage is still applicable I guess.

Now that their trilogy is done, what kind of music will they pursue or will they just expand on the Rapid Eye Movement disc?

By the way, did you ever do that Jon Oliva interview or am I confusing you with someone else? Cheers!

Now that their trilogy is done, what kind of music will they pursue or will they just expand on the Rapid Eye Movement disc?

By the way, did you ever do that Jon Oliva interview or am I confusing you with someone else? Cheers!

Confusing me with someone else?!?!?!?!

I'm the one and only PurpleCrayon Writer! :)

The Jon Oliva interview was fantastic. What a cool guy. As we said our good-byes, Jon said, "It was great to talk to you, man. One of the best interviews I've ever done."

That's what I strive to hear for all of my interviews. I want my interviews to be ProgPower USA quality. Nothing less measures up to the standards Glenn sets every year.

By the way, great questions for Riverside. Many thanks!

Bill