Rob Halford opening for KoRn

SkeletonWitch

Morphine Child
May 30, 2010
Beirut, Lebanon
loudpark.jpg

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

why would korn, the biggest selling metal band since the mid 90's, open for halford who has never had a gold record as a solo artist? halford is already above tons of bands that have outsold him. just because he's in priest doesn't give him a free pass to headline everything as a solo artist

the point is not if you like korn or not. just because someone is in a successful band does not mean they get to headline over everyone else as a solo artist. halfords band FIGHT opened for tons of bands.

why would korn, the biggest selling metal band since the mid 90's,
Korn is metal? :erk: and not for nothing but even though I do not like them or their music of the 90's I would have to say Metallica is the biggest selling metal band since the 90's and are actually "metal" even though not metal I like...

As for Halford, we'll because he's an actual Metal God and Korn are just popcorn kernals :tickled: Plus because of Halford's membership in JP I think his solo act can fill the places he plays without Korn...

Korn is metal? :erk: and not for nothing but even though I do not like them or their music of the 90's I would have to say Metallica is the biggest selling metal band since the 90's and are actually "metal" even though not metal I like...

As for Halford, we'll because he's an actual Metal God and Korn are just popcorn kernals :tickled: Plus because of Halford's membership in JP I think his solo act can fill the places he plays without Korn...

umm thats not true at all. look at the venues halford as a solo artist plays when he is by himself. even when he is on a festival tour he still is the 3rd or 4th slot. korn has their own festival they headline that plays the same venue as ozzfest. halford as a solo artist could not be the headliner of a touring festival and play to 15-25k seat venues. sorry he has toured with big name acts and still hasn't played places that hold 15k here in the states

also if korn is not metal what are they? they aren't pop. and you are right. since 1995 metallica has sold roughly 35-38 million albums in america while korn has sold 25-27 million albums. thats a 10 million record gap but lets not forget the fact that metallica has 5 pre 1995 releases for a fan to go buy and boost their sales while korn has 1 pre 1995 release.

Halford's solo stuff sucks :eek: There, I said it. The lyrics on his resurrection album are the cheesiest thing ever. His terrible and predictable rhyme schemes ruin that album... They make me want to
img,316.jpg

Having said that, Korn sucks harder. To me they epitomise everything that was wrong with metal when I was growing up and they got tons and tons of magazine coverage while the journalists were laughing at bands like Maiden :mad:

Fact remains that Priest is Priest and Halford is Halford. Being 1/5 of Priest does not give him automatic headlining rights. Korn, like them or not, is very popular and, at 16 years since their debut, a veteran band in heavy music. They should headline over Halford.

Now, were it Judas Priest, I'm sure Korn would be opening for them...

Fact remains that Priest is Priest and Halford is Halford. Being 1/5 of Priest does not give him automatic headlining rights. Korn, like them or not, is very popular and, at 16 years since their debut, a veteran band in heavy music. They should headline over Halford.

Now, were it Judas Priest, I'm sure Korn would be opening for them...

exactly, thank you. i like some of korn's music. most of their studio albums have been a top 10 hit here in the states and halford's first album with fight was the only non priest album he had break the top 100. i saw priest and whitesnake play together a few years ago and the placed they played was 3/4 full while korn played the same venue that year with some band i've never heard of and korn sold it out

I understand the well thought out arguments people have made in favor of this and respect them. But as a fan of the metal gods I have no recourse but to kick reasoning to the curb and...

Rob opening for Korn?

headshotdemotivationalp.jpg

Korn is metal?

Sometimes I think yes, sometimes I think no.

I think compared to the glam bands of the 80's and early 90's, Korn was way heavier. Korn's first two cd's were not radio-friendly either.

Hopefully someone who lived through that time can tell me exactly how metalheads reacted to Korn's debut in 94.

Sometimes I think yes, sometimes I think no.

I think compared to the glam bands of the 80's and early 90's, Korn was way heavier. Korn's first two cd's were not radio-friendly either.

Hopefully someone who lived through that time can tell me exactly how metalheads reacted to Korn's debut in 94.

when korn's first 2 albums came out metalheads were all over it. it was underground and sounded like nothing else out there. they combined metal with the type of music they like which is obviously hiphop although its not as in your face on the first album as it was after that. the bagpipes and scatting were cool too. i like how someone called them wigger metal and then mentions pantera (a glam band that changed to a more modern sound). what a joke that is to use pantera as a band to put korn down. i like pantera 1000X more than korn but lets be honest. pantera wasn't successful as a glam band so they did something different

could just be their friendly and korn are doing it as a favor or even requested the slot for the brotherhood of it .