Rob Moratti - Victory - AOR perfection

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I mentioned this in my post about Saga's Heads of Tales live album but damn this album deserves a thread of it's own. Getting the boot from Saga didn't deter Rob one bit it seems. I guess he was always probably gonna do this solo album even if he was still in Saga but his exit probably hastened matters and what a gem this is. Rob's vocals are absolutely amazing on this album but the songs are just AOR perfection. It's as good if not better than Lionville. Only Work of Art's new album can possibly challenge this album. It really is very easy to completely fall in love with this album if you love AOR. These are my 3 best songs but the others all amazing as well. The last song here jeannie has one of the most memorable choruses I have ever heard like classic Survivor and Toto.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JW6zxrVZ50&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap!! I missed this one....I just purchased it after seeing and hearing these clips. Fantastic stuff.

On a side note - thanks for posting your various reviews Justin. Wanted you to know I read 'em and have discovered some killer stuff thanks to them!

Drew ~

Holy crap!! I missed this one....I just purchased it after seeing and hearing these clips. Fantastic stuff.

On a side note - thanks for posting your various reviews Justin. Wanted you to know I read 'em and have discovered some killer stuff thanks to them!

Drew ~

Thanks for saying so. I'm always happy to spread the word about this kind of music.